How to track visitors that come from Facebook, Google+ or Twitter?

OnaDavney

Hey Guys,

What are the best ways to track traffic and visitors that come directly from my Facebook, Google+ or Twitter??

Luca

Use Google analytics. They have an option to see where your traffic are coming from. Cheers :)

edsonbuchanan

if you are looking for organic traffic then I would recommend you use Google analytics. Now if you are tracking an affiliate offer then I would recommend you cloak it with pritty link and then look at the stats of where the traffic is coming form.

elcidofaguy

When it comes down to it - its all about clicking links which take you from A->B etc... Google analytics is okay but I would say combine that with tracking the links...

For that I would use either url shortners like bitly, tiny url or a self hosted solution (my preference) such as yourls... That way you can accurately track the referral traffic or exact source which is sometimes not picked up e.g. specific ads with using different links you can then see which one is performing best....

With this approach you get a greater granularity of details versus x amount of traffic from FB and that's it... How about X amount from this ad, Y amount from this post etc... That small difference can be massive when it comes to making money online...

Webmaster.Xochitl

Google Analytics is the best way to track visitors from Facebook, Google+ or Twitter because it allows seeing the visitors where they come from, in the event that they draw in with your substance.

johnybang

Hey Luca :) I know about google analytics and that it shows the demographic location and browsers, operating systems used by the visitors but don't know about the option which let us see from which website or link traffic is coming, please tell me where i can check from which site traffic is coming. thanks

ericplotz1

Google Analytics > Acquisition > All Traffic > Channels > Social

Channels - Google Analytics 2015-05-28 15-44-17.jpg

Reactions: Nemanja

LizaAryanna

LizaAryanna
This only views on total of visits that came from all social networks but it didn't show specific network with its visitors.

elcidofaguy

elcidofaguy
You should be able to click on the link (social) and drill down to the details... Alternatively you can also see visits from social networks by clicking on the "Referrals" menu option... As said previously my preference is still to use url tracking tools i.e. click on link grab stat data and then redirect to your final page in situations when comparing ads with split testing... In addition there are situations when you wont be wanting to use analytics such as with creating PBNs in order to minimize footprints...

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.