Clicks vs Conversions?

steitieh

Hey there,

I noticed that so many folks keep emphasizing on clicks and trying to get more clicks, and only few mention conversion, I am talking in relation to pay per click, solo ads or banner ads.

This making me getting confused, which should you be mostly concerned with, your Clicks or Conversions?

Luca

If you're an advertiser whose main purpose of putting ads up is to get people buying your products, of course your main concern is conversion instead of clicks. Or if you're a publisher who's putting up ads with per-product-sold commission system, conversion should be your main concern too since you won't get any money / commission if people are not buying the products which ads are being put on your website.

But if you're working with Google's adsense program which is a PPC, you shouldn't worry too much about conversion since you got paid per click and Google is the one taking care of how effective their ads are using their algorithms to make sure people see the right ads that might interest them.

elcidofaguy

Hey there,

I noticed that so many folks keep emphasizing on clicks and trying to get more clicks, and only few mention conversion, I am talking in relation to pay per click, solo ads or banner ads.

This making me getting confused, which should you be mostly concerned with, your Clicks or Conversions?
In the specific case of ads then the clicks on the add is the conversion in most cases!!! The term conversions is used to describe "Most Wanted Reaction".... So lets go through some examples:

1) Opt-in form -> Conversion = person signing up to email list
2) Sales Page -> Conversion = person buys product
3) PPC -> Conversion = person clicks on ad (which means you earn money)...

With solo ads you are using someone else's list to send traffic to your site/offer... That either means you are selling something or you are building a list - so the conversions here is either (1) or (2) from the list...

With banner ads - well that depends what is being advertised... If its not PPC then its the action which relates to how you earn from the banner ad i.e. affiliate promotion means conversion is either a purchase or opting into a list i.e. CPA..

Hope that helps!

Reactions: steitieh and wms

acandi

acandi
Hello steitieh,

Another consideration re: clicks or conversions is for example if you buy 200 guaranteed clicks from 2 or 3 different solo ad providers. You will want to see which one gives you the best result.

So you will create unique tracking links for each provider, submit the different links with the exact email promo and then see which gives you the best conversions.

In that way you can keep eliminating solo ad providers to get the best return on your advertising dollar.

LB.

samng

Both cannot do without the other. If you have good conversion ratios but no traffic it serves not purpose. And if you have clicks but zero conversions then it is also useless.

The thing is , it is easier to BUY clicks than it is to BUY conversions. Conversions depends on alot of factors. The colors on your website or sales page can affect the conversions. So it might be tricky to master conversions.

But for clicks, you can get them via paid traffic.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.