How to have a perfect homepage for SEO and your Visitors?

terrellbrewer

Hi everyone,

In your opinion, which is better if you are setting for your homepage, a homepage with slider and products on top of page or a static page with latest blog posts and customer feedback on it?

what things would you recommend to add to the homepage for better SEO and also your visitors?

What do you guys think?

Luca

Well, if we're purely speaking about on-site SEO, having a slider and products on a homepage is usually bad for page speed valuation. Still though, if it's good from the design perspective and your audience / customers like it, that won't be too much of a problem.

It depends on what your website is about, I guess. If you're mainly a blogger / publisher who relies heavily on organic traffic for your revenue, you should focus on the SEO more. But if you're a business owner who owns a business that sells products, human or customer consideration should be put more into the design efforts.

sunimaster

I think homepage should contain brief information about the site and all the necessary links to all the categories.

RDO Servers

Fast speed, simply clean layout, clearly portray your info, and a call to action!

Remember the good ol' KISS method. Keep It Simple Stupid

edsonbuchanan

The home page should give the viewer a clear indication why they are there. although sliders look cool, they are really pointless unless your an off line business. I would go with a static page, letting the viewer know what the site is about with customer feedback and articles.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.