How long to rank new domain with some pages on Google?

lkovnih226

I am wondering how long does it take for a new domain with no authority and thousands of pages to rank well on Google?
Can I get good rankings with some quality content pages?

Do you think is is possible?

Nytshade

You have to understand that rankings depend on the competition. It can take 2 days, weeks or even years. So the answer depends on the type of competition you have.

Another most important thing to understand is that it's better to try ranking a website with a few pages as compared to a website with thousands of pages. A website with a lot of pages will require a smart linking structure for both on-page and off-page link building.

The more pages you have, the more link juice (backlinks) you're going to need. You can make a lot of damage with a website that has few pages and a couple of strong backlinks, as compared to having a website with thousands of pages.

People tend to think that, the more content you have, the better you'll rank and that's not true. However, it is possible to rank well in Google with a website that has thousands of pages, but the challenge will be getting enough backlinks.

If you have a lot of content then I would recommend that you use social media marketing, not SEO.

edsonbuchanan

What kind of site is it? Like shade stated, its going to depend on several factors but I would recommend going with Social Media for getting traffic. Its much easier to do social media for traffic then organic traffic depending on the competition.

sanusense

If you simply submit a site without getting backlinks it will take a long, long time to get your site crawled. If you get backlinks to your site from pages that are frequently crawled you will stand a better chance of getting crawled/indexed quickly (and you don't need to have submitted your site). It can take a matter of days/weeks; there's no fixed time period.

I have seen sites with PBN links rank quite easily and fast! But, PBNs are not good for site's health.

samng

Yes, it's possible to rank in a short time but it very much depends on the keywords you are ranking for. Popular keywords like "weight loss" will take forever to rank (if at all) because the competition is so intense. The time taken to rank a website on Google really depends on your initial keyword research process. Select a niche you wish to target and look for the less competitive keywords.

Archana

First you have to index your site in Google analytics and also need to implement sitemap on your website. Genuinely it will takes two months to rank a new domain in Google as it depends on your domain age as well which helps to give a high rank to it.

eioapqoeke

First submit the website on Google Webmaster Tools and after that add sitemap there. Then build quality backlinks to your website as adding even 50 unique articles will not get your website to rank without quality and niche specific backlinks.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.