IPB vs MyBB, Which is better?

Tshepo

Hey,

Honest opinion needed, IPB vs MyBB?

Some comparisons with features and which do you prefer?

Thanks

RDO Servers

I have never personally used either, so I'm afraid I can't share any personal experience.

I will say, that I see way more people using IPB, then I do MyBB

Hostlumina

IPB is great. I would suggest that you try both softwares and see which one meets your requirements.

You can try a 5 day demo of IPS [URLnf="http://www.invisionpower.com/demo"]here [/URLnf]

Not to throw more into the mix but have you considered Xenforo?

They also have a 3 day demo [URLnf="https://xenforo.com/demo/"]here[/URLnf]

Here is an old comparison link [URLnf="http://www.forum-software.org/forum-comparator/ipboard-vs-mybb"]here[/URLnf]

ElixantTechnology

There are so many forum softwares out there that it's hard to decide. Back in the day of Free Forums when I had to choose between PHPBB and anything, I chose XMBForums. Moving onwards, IPB is an excellent piece of software. Looking into vBulletin, after 3.8 they started to go downhill, so XenForo was the next best option. Now, WoltLab's BurningBoard looks like it's got massive potential.

Dopani

In my personal opinion, IPB is always better.

Also, you made a mistake when comparing a free forum software with a paid one. It will have huge differences :)

harrygreen90

Hey,

Honest opinion needed, IPB vs MyBB?

Some comparisons with features and which do you prefer?

Thanks
More people went with IPB these days, this forum cms has more great addons and features for users.
If we can choose some forum software that can compare with IBP, I think they are just Xenforo 2 or vBulletin 5.

AdminKings

Well you’ve just mentioned the best paid and free software ;)

If you want the best paid, IPB and free MyBB.

Dopani

Dopani
MyBB is good and I saw more people used it for their forums but I am just wondering why they didn't use PHPBB, I used this free forum software in the past and it is pretty good and easy to edit templates and using functions on the forum.

AdminKings

AdminKings
PHPBB is a good peice of forum software I agree but that’s all it is, it doesnt have much to it and unfortunately in recent times that isnt enough for people, you want much more from a forum and people expect it, thanks to social media. It worked years ago because people didnt expect much more from a forum.

MyBB out of the box has strong features and plenty of addons to suit most, I feel it’s a solid platform for free and it’s getting developed to 2.0 eventually which is good news for MyBB forum owners.

I admit though the themes for both are pretty average and both need a huge change in terms of UI to keep up with other forum software’s.

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies