RAM vs CPU vs SSD?

jordantyj

I'm learning to manage a VPS

I know about ram, cpu cores and ssd but I don't know which is the most important for a VPS to run perfectly?

Please explain me.

Hassan

Its depend on the situation if you running many applications at the same time, more ram would help the system running
better SSD is for fast reading, fast loading of applications.

Hostlumina

That's a very broad question...

I think a VPS to run perfectly depends on what you are using it for and ensuring that the VPS aspects meet the requirements of the software + the traffic of the site. After wards comes optimizing the setup (control panel, database, apache, etc...).

Yes hardware is a must and critical but that is part of it only.

My recommendation as you know hardware - Learn how to optimize (assuming you already know the basics of your OS)

RDO Servers

If you're not sure what kind of resources you need, you can always start with a relatively small VPS and load your site on it. Once your site is up and running, check your resource usage. If it is higher then you would like, then you can always ask your provider to move you up to their next package and seamlessly increase your resources. That's the beauty of VPS's, their instantly scalable, up to the available resources on the physical server.

There's no reason to pay for a larger VPS, if your not sure you need that amount of resources.

tk-hassan

It would be a mixture of all things.

Mark007

Mark007
Absolutely correct. It usually depends on the purpose you are using your VPS. All of them are required for improving a performance of the server and it should be done depending on your needs.

Imbahost-Andy

RAM and CPU cores are the most important factor for VPS, the main feature of VPS is to provide dedicated RAM and CPU so that needs to be highly reliable. SSD is good for speeding up data read/write time.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.