Does channel name affect success of your videos?

Mjlivera

Hey guys,

I am searching for a good name for my new channel on YT, what things should keep in mind when choosing a channel name?

Does it affect success of my videos or not?

elcidofaguy

Channel name's do not have any impact to rankings, especially as it is not included in the URL of the videos... A great channel name may increase curiosity clicks which leads to subscriptions and further views, but for sure the vast majority will be deciding on the basis of the quality and engagement of your video before checking out your channel..

Nytshade

The channel name doesn't matter, once you have your account created simply go to settings then look for "advanced" and just add your "channel keywords" then youtube will know what your channel is all about.

Using a keyword as the name of a channel will have a lot of benefit if you're marketing your channel within youtube and google+.

It will have an effect if ever you're going to be joining/creating youtube discussions, commenting, engaging in google+ communities, connecting with youtube and google+ users. That way people will see your keyword and know what you're all about and all you have to do is offer value and be social. Then you'll attract a lot of visitors.

If you'll be using other sources of traffic to promote your channel then the name of the channel doesn't matter that much, just keep it short and catchy so that people can remember it easily.

But this doesn't mean that if you don't have your keyword as your channel name you can't promote it within the youtube and google+ community. A channel name with a keyword will just attract a lot of eyeballs and pull in targeted traffic without you screaming "check out my channel...". All you have to do is offer lots of value through comments, youtube discussions, using google+ and simply being social.

You can also use a brand name that is catchy with a keyword you're targeting as well. Like "SEO Moz" for instance (even though it has been changed to only "moz") but when you see something like that you already know they're all about SEO.

Hope that helps :)

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.