Recommended VPS host?

Prodigy

I am looking for a quality VPS host.

Requirements:

1. Cpanel
2. Litespeed support(not required but preferred)
3. US locations
4. Phone support would be nice but not required
5. Been in business at least 2 years OR if they are a newer company they should have some easily found reviews
6. 2 GB ram
7. Disk and Bandwidth are irrelevant
8. SSD preferred

Any recommended hosts you guys know of?(besides Wiredtree, Knownhost, etc etc)

jamesalan

Go for any other server...but never buy hosting from Bluehost...

This server is [Edited by Moderator]...our VPS is down since last 48 hours, which is not acceptable really

RDO Servers

Most people in the hosting/design/development industry would suggest staying away from BlueHost, and any other company owned by EIG (Endurance International Group)

jamesalan

What Endurance International Group is? Do they provide VPS hosting? Browsing their website, it does not look they are in hosting business.

RDO Servers

RDO Servers
EIG is a company that buys hosting company. They own BlueHost, HostGator, Arvixe, and many other large hosting companies.

They buy successful hosting companies, and put all of the money into advertising, oversell the servers, and provide poor support.

Prodigy

Prodigy
I don't think that is a 100 percent fair or accurate statement...It's more of a blanket statement.
I am using EIG host already (A Small Orange) for my VPS. I do have some issues but overall, whenever I have an issue, I jump immediately on live chat and they are able to handle whatever it is I need right then and there.

What I do think is an accurate statement is that MANY EIG webhost have the well deserved reputation of being crap, oversold and the support is nonexistent in many cases but there are some EIG hosts who have not yet become that way and for the most part are still decent hosts.

Because if you take the EIG out of it, both yours and my statement, could apply to many hosts because EIG hosts are not the only ones with oversold servers and poor support.

RDO Servers

RDO Servers
You know what, your absolutely correct. Historically speaking, EIG buys good hosts, and they end up going down hill over time. Just because they bought a host, does not mean it will be poor quality. However most people still suggest staying away from a EIG host because eventually, they do typically go down hill. Is it better to leave right then, or wait for services to decline and your site have problems?

You are also correct that there are plenty of non-EIG hosts that want to run their company on auto-pilot. Build a site, market it, hire support staff, and go to the beach. Sadly, you can have this problem with lot's of hosts.

Prodigy

Prodigy
There are some EIG hosts I wont ever join if I can help it(Bluehost, Fatcow, hostgator, etc etc) just because of the universally bad reviews I've seen about them. I went to A small orange knowing who they were affiliated with because the reviews weren't panning the company because I did want to see if
A. EIG hosts were as bad as they are claimed to be
B. If ASO is able to stand on its own OR stand with the rest of their sibling hosts.

I've discovered the former isn't true for all and the latter is true but unfortunately I don't think ASO is a host I'd be able to use in the long term as there are some issues I am having presently and I am looking (Today hopefully) to sign with a new host

MightWeb

MightWeb
To be honest, today, the only brand they own that I can think of that hasn't gone to crap is ASO. Every other company in their portfolio (and yes, that's a blanket statement, but I really can't think of one brand) has declined horribly in their services since their takeover. I can only imagine that happening to ASO soon enough as well, which is why I wouldn't recommend them today.

That's not to say EIG is the only bad guy on the market - but they are, in fact, bad guys.

lorettalschmitz

I've used PowerUpHosting for my business,which helped in my business because of their cheapest plans and good service. They have some awesome SSD technology and the latest Intel Processors at no additional cost.

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.