Managing incoming email marketing

longmont

Is there a one click solution to delete an email, flag it, report it?

The delete gets it out of the box immediately

The flag tells Google this is spam

The report would be something that reports spammers who just keep sending you email, I don't want it to ever touch my inbox, my trash, my junk mail the same way that multiple users mark a website as malware and eventually nobody visits the website anymore.

Ron Killian

Most every email service has a spam button these days. Does what you want.

Doesn't matter though. It's not going to slow or stop the spam you get. Once they get your email address you'll keep getting emails. Spammers are smart enough to know. They use proxies, different email addresses, different sending options, different mail servers, ect.

I still get emails "from" contact forms that have not existed for years.

And honestly I don't think reporting to the emails services does much. Think it's more a feel good about us the email provider, we are trying to stop spam. Just think of all the email users, millions, just reporting one a day, email providers couldn't even begin to "really" check them.

Believe me I hate spam too, but not much you can do about these days. Just like telemarketers in the real world. Or lately all the political pre-recorded calls.

Only for sure solution is not to have an email address.

On a side note, marking a website as spam or malware is very different from marking spam emails.

CyberAlchemist

Is there a one click solution to delete an email, flag it, report it?

The delete gets it out of the box immediately

The flag tells Google this is spam

The report would be something that reports spammers who just keep sending you email, I don't want it to ever touch my inbox, my trash, my junk mail the same way that multiple users mark a website as malware and eventually nobody visits the website anymore.
I agree with Ron, most email service will give you a function to report spam emails.

If you're using Gmail, just clicking on this button

gmail-report-spam.jpg

Older threads
Replies
Views
WTB Logo
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies