Do Specialty Domains Ever Rank Well In The SERP?

hipcat

I've often thought specialty domains, such as .agency, .boutique, .trade, .credit, etc were just gimmicks for registrars to make more money from the lack of good available .com names over the years. Sure, they LOOK cool and a name like zoom.cars or beer.pub is super easy to remember, but my question is do they ever RANK well in the search results?

Even back when .info domains were all the rage due to the cheap cost and everyone buying into the novelty of something new, including myself, they rarely showed up in the SERP. The .com was and is still the king, followed by .net, .org and then country specific domains.

So, to those webmasters here who own specialty domains, have your SEO efforts paid off? Are your domains ranking in the search engines? Do you SEO these domains the same as you would a .com, or is there a difference? Share you thoughts & opinions on these novelty domains!

I personally have yet to see one rank well, but maybe I'm just not searching for the right stuff :)

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.