How much money have you invested for a new site?

BillEssley

WMS Marketplace Seller
Have you ever invested into advertising for a new website? which kind of advertising you will use?

I want to open a small blogging community in future. What is minimum amount required to run a forum per month.

extremebizopp

A recent website I've invested around $450 for it, the fees include hosting, domain, advertising, buy software licenses, articles..etc. I suppose that it is on right way when its traffic is increasing daily and I start thinking about making money with it.

Mark007

I haven't invested anything for my blogs. Just manual link building and promotion in social networking websites help me get a regular traffic to my blog. I would rather use freelancing services when I will be busy with other things. But till now I can say I have invested zero money, but a lot of time for promotion.

Imbahost-Andy

I have tried Facebook advertising for a new site, and it worked great for low budget. It gives you decent number of visitors, around 40-50 if you spend $5 per day.

Jacob_k

Reddit traffic is fairly cheap and you can hit the goldmine there. Fb looks expensive these days so I avoid it for blog promotion (though new ads is now out , have to check that more closely). Lately I hire a freelancer that knows about the subject to post comments on blogs... that way I get a lot of traffic to my site!

What's the minimum... well depends on the size you want to build, and how many channels you want to promote your blog to. It can be $100 or $1,000... no straight answer to it!

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
PRO
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.