What is the most easiest coding language to learn?

imnathanjames

Agreed Winston,

I started off learning html in college, then carried on learning with w3. I then found wordpress and have been using it ever since. It's great to have a background in html. It means i can look into the bits of code in wordpress and take away or add anything if i need to. Like adding Google analytics.

I have tried various forms of programming and found html to be the easiest to pick up.

tbobker

People are talking about html as if its a coding language. Its not really, its just markup.

By definitiion, a coding language is something that has logic. HTML does not have logic, it just displays information.

And when you say easiest, what do you even mean - are we talking about how forgiving the language is, how readable it is or how much documentation is around to learn.

PHP I think is by far the best language to learn for a starter. And this is why:

1) There is absolutely mountains of tutorials, docs and information online to read and learn
2) Pretty much every server you rent has php installed
3) its not that strict
4) There are loads of libraries to use
5) You can use advanced OOP or procedural

This is to name a few. Javascript would be a candidate only it differs slightly with its OO principals compared to most languages and its harder to debug due to browser compatibility etc.

Claire_Anderson

You can learn php. It is easier to learn and is simple . It is one of the extremely powerful languages. You can use php to create the website functionality but to create a better user interface, you need to learn CSS and html. If you are going to learn css and html start with their latest versions. After learning html and css you can learn j query to build an awesome website.

EpicGlobalWeb

I guess the problem with answering this question is that everybody has different learning styles on top of different preferences. The best solution is to just pick one and do it already.

Claire_Anderson

For starters the first things, you need to learn are CSS and HTML. HTML and CSS are both compulsory for developing the websites.

HTML: The HTML is used to create the contents of the web pages. HTML stands for Hypertext Markup Language. It is used to create media player, menus, navigation structure in the web pages.

CSS :

CSS is used to crate the layout of these webpages like the color of text, size of text etc.

Three types of CSS:
There are three types of CSS or Cascading Style Sheet:
1.In line Cascading Style Sheet.
2.External Cascading Style Sheet.
3.Internal Cascading Style Sheet.

1. External Cascading Style Sheet: In External Cascading Style Sheet, you create separate CSS file and write the CSS code in that file.

2.Internal Cascading Style Sheet: In Internal Cascading Style Sheet, You write the CSS code in the head section of HTML code. which makes it easier to apply styles likes classes to reuse the code.

3. In line Cascading Style Sheet: The Inline style is specific to the tag itself. The inline style uses the HTML "style" attribute to style a specific tag Learning CSS and HTML is very easy.

After learning these two, you need to learn JAVA, .Net or PHP for creating the functionality of the system or websites. PHP is easy to learn as compared to JAVA because it is easier to learn and use. That is why there are so many PHP developers these days.

But you can learn java or .net if you want to that is something you will choose yourself. You can learn these languages from academy, codeacademy, lynda and w3school sites.

Mike001

There are just so many things that are incorrect with the above post from Claire, just way too many to go into.

Besides it is getting to the point where everyone is just repeating themselves. If you don't have additional content to add to the subject that is relevant and adds to the conversation don't just build up your post count by saying the sames things over and over. It does not add to the conversation and has no value to the discussion.

TheStrugglingNewb

Python is becoming the program language of choice for a lot of major institutions with
computer science programs.

There's an organization called 'LaunchCode' in my city which is a free program
that teaches people how to write code.

And then places them in paid internships with top companies who are looking for
computer programmers.

I participated in the classes...

And during the training, they explained why so many top schools, including schools like Harvard are teaching Python
as their introductory computer science programming language.

Primarily, it's due to the user friendliness of the language and the cross compatibility
of the programming language with other programming languages.

Fred

Mike001

Python is a popular language for programming but it still has a lot of growing to do. It is a relatively new language as far as languages go and it is relatively easy to learn. But again that is relative.

Good Programmers look at things a little differently than most, and I am not saying that as a bad thing, but we are different. Our world is very black and white, it is either on of off. We have very few grey areas in our existence and that is what makes a good programmer. We deal with absolutes. It either works or it does not, there is no middle ground.

That is one of the harder things for new programmers to grasp. When you are dealing in a world that is made up of 1's and 0's that becomes your world. I know it may sound strange to some, but that is how developers see things.

Thanks for your input Fred, how are you doing in Python? It will take it quite some time to take over the languages of the web, but it is moving in the right direction. I actually taught a couple of those classes in Richmond, VA for LaunchCode, although there they called it FreshStart. It was to introduce programming to people in the work force that were looking for a new path in their careers. It went quite well and I enjoyed it.

I was surprised at how well some of the participants took to the new challenges. I have kept up with a few of them from my classes and they have turned those classes into a new career and are doing rather well.

TheStrugglingNewb

TheStrugglingNewb
I'm still doing the classes Mike. I have about a month to go.

It's definitely forced me to think differently because I'm not used to thinking like a programmer. ;)

The program that I'm in is called Summer of Code. It started in July and is supposed to
end in November.

It's definitely been a fun experience, especially when I first learned how to use turtles to draw things.

I'm in a more challenging part of the course now, but it's still pretty awesome.

I'm actually just learning Python as a hobby. I have no plans to pursue it as a career at this point.

Mike001

Glad to hear that, hang in there and complete it, it may surprise you. It is actually a great way to make a living.

I started learning to code in the 80's and it was the best decision I ever made.

Muzzamil

I think HTML is the most easiest programming language to learn. You should start off with the basics and will know how to build a simple web page after surveying their codes for a while. what do you guys think?
HTML is not a programming language although it is pretty easy to learn. I would say C++ and JavaScript are easiest to learn. Python is also a very easy language to learn. It really depends on people. Some people find C++ very easy and find python the hardest thing, and vice versa.

EpicGlobalWeb

You're a real programmer if c++ was easy for you. I spent a year on it and still can barely make a 2D game with SDL

jermain08

JavaScript is relatively easy to learn, is already right there in your browser for you to have fun with, as well as though it's been around for a while, it's rapidly gaining popularity. A lot of you who chose it kept in mind that your bang for the buck when learning JavaScript is huge, due to the fact that you can begin using it immediately to build things for the web-- which may very well be what many individuals are learning how to code for.

William Bethman

HTML is the easiest one. But as a newbie, one should also learn HTML5 as it has gained much popularity nowadays.

matteomatt

As far as any type of language at all, HTML and CSS is where I got my start, and it pretty easy. Of course like others mentioned, its not actual programming.

PHP was the one I learned first, and it isn't too difficult.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.