Do you trust hosting reviews websites?

FreebieBoy34

It's a case to case matter actually. If the site reviewing is a reputable site with a long history of honest and pertinent reviews and many readers, then I would definitely trust what they say no matter what. But if the site is something new, with few followers/readers/visitors, and has a low ratings in terms of the reviews they are publishing, then I'd probably have to think twice before believing the things they are saying in their reviews... But in any case, a review is mostly personal opinion of the person or site reviewing the product. In the end, the decision is still up to your whether you believe what they say (or if their review is applicable to your situation) or not...:)

Knightrider

Its true that hosting review sites are biased towards some hosting sites. But thats not the case anymore. Why I feel so?
I am also running a hosting review site, my top affiliates are siteground, wp engine, HostGator, etc. For a fact, all these hosting companies offer me 125$ per sale. So why should I be biased towards one when all are paying the same? Its true that for a new hosting review site its not the case, some companies pay them less because they bring less sales whereas who are old and experienced gets higher payout as hosting companies recognize them as more important.

pelinka

In my opinion almost all are fake, and i don't believe in review sites but I trust into benchmarks from web hosting providers who tested on real hosting packages.

energizedit

No I wouldn't trust most of them. Most are just paid sites with affiliate links. although some have actual good customer reviews you have to dig for them for small hosts.

braxtoncina

I think a bunch of reviews sites are not trustable but some website which PR rank or Domain Authority are good so my opinion they are trustable and helpful.

Mubashir Ahmad

Not all of them are fake. Yes many of them are just money making strategies but you can look for others that are not just making money but also providing relevant information.

Zack

I really don't trust web hosting review websites based on my own personal experiences. A few years back when I got into the website game I did some looking around and most of the hosting review website were recommending the same hosts so I thought that those hosts must be good.

That was far from the truth though. I chose one of the hosts from their high ratings and when I had to deal with tech support I found out that their techs were not real bright and not educated and trained to know what they were doing.

I then cancelled my service with that host and tried another from the review sites rankings. That too was a bad experience as well. Their servers kept going down all the time. Every single day they were down and most of the time they were down several times a day. Their support had no answers as to why this happened and said it happens sometime on all hosts. needless to say I cancelled my hosting service with them and went elsewhere.

So after two bad experiences based on the recommendations of those review sites I will no longer trust them since they obviously based their ratings on how much referral money they made off of them.

Zack

I don't trust any particular one but yes I take my time on researching about and comparing the reviews & providers.
Are you just doing your researching by reading the reviews?

If you are then you would be basically just building trust through that source only.

Riviera

Yeah, that's one way for information reference. But i don't consider it all truth. I often read the blogger/reviewer who has used that web-hosting service before making decision. That's just only a factor of hosting reviews.

Other factors to consider like: prices, what your hosting plans for what purposes, data center locations, speed test/ping time, downtime index, hosting specification, customer service - feedback time, promotions programs,... are also important, and need to be considered.

davebusiness86s

I wouldn't trust them. Most are false reviews. You can look it up on Google and find it in discussion at forums which real people have experienced them give honest review about them.
But anw, if you find Hostings that appear in every ranking/reviews about which hostings to use then yeah, they're probably can be trusted

enstinemuki

Everyone here is saying almost the same things I had in mind. Most of these review sites are interested in the commissions. However, those that do comparison tables can help with some useful information to help your decision.

bernawrd

We should be careful when we need to select a web hosting for a website. There are two options when we have to use a web hosting. First free web hosting and second paid web hosting. In free web hosting, you share your resources with countless number of users and your website traffic drops after an increase in number of users. Paid hosting are usually considered better, but it is difficult to know if the hosting company provides a better customer service, because some companies use fake reviews.

ImSimanto

Don't you trust them? You can easily find out some Websites who provide only reviews from the Original Users only. You can trust reviews on those.

manoaratefy

Hey Guys,

Do you trust hosting reviews websites?

If yes why? If no why?
It depends. The main issue is most of these websites are affiliates. I don't have problem if someone make money, but I don't like fake hosting reviews. So, I only trust hosting reviews including a long-term testing. For example, a review after 8 months using a service from a provider. Of course, I will check if it is really true.

shilpa

No, we can't trust some random hosting reviews websites. Most are only promoting brands and campaigns, and as they are paid to convey a few nice things about them, it is not possible to gauge if they have any legitimate stand. And as someone also pointed in the earlier posts that somebsre affiliated, so they can't be always genuine. It's to check the actual stats of the information you're looking for. Also research a bit more to see if they hold any ground.

Promytheus

No, I do not trust them because they get paid for to review these sites and the information in the reviews are not accurate. A long time ago I trusted one their reviews and I regret it, the support was terrible and my site was down a lot. So I learned my lesson and I don't trust review sites anymore. It is better to ask on forums for advice.

Judas2018

I think some of the reviews are real and genuine but the problem is that the fake ones are always on display first, when you visit a hosting site. You have to scroll down a bit to find any real ones. The fake ones are easy to spot also. The names of the posters are too generic, their comments too flattering. I instead check out review sites for good web hosts. Sites where they have a listing of hosting sites and each site has amassed a certain number of stars. Those aren't perfectly reliable either, but the overall opinion of a web hosting site is far more balanced on that medium, than you'd find on the actual web hosts site itself.

tech26873

Yes, I really trust a Hosting website review but it depends on the rating of the website. But most of the reviews are useless and looking like self-promoted, don't follow such kind of reviews and websites.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views