-

whland

I haven't been employed since around 2009. I had a pretty good job for a small town as a maintenance worker but then got laid off soon after.

I couldn't find any other jobs so I started selling scrap metal to make a living. I used to help my dad with scrap metal as a kid.

It was making me enough to get by with but then I started looking into making money online and although I knew it would take awhile and not be an overnight success I jumped into and started the forum in my signature and boy am I glad I did.

I make more now with less work than I did/do with scrap metal.

I still do scrap metal on the side but now I don't have to be out there getting the scrap metal together to pay the bills.

I can just do it when I feel like it.

I do like not having a boss, or if I'm sick I can just stay home and not have to call in sick.

My sister doesn't believe that I can sit at home on the computer and make money. She keeps telling me that I need to be searching for a 9-5 job. lol

Thing is. If I don't have too I don't want a 9-5 job that I have to get too every day at a certain time.

My sister has a 9-5 Job and has to ask to take time off in an emergency. Me I just take the time off. No boss to answer too.

ulterios

There are many pluses about being self-employed, but there are some minuses as well. The main reason I like being self-employed is that it gives me the needed freedom to do what I need to when I need to (usually). The main downfall is that their can be times where earnings dip unexpectedly due to seasons, the economy, etc., so that's where having a steady dependable paycheck is nice, as long as it IS dependable.

Another thing I like is that my earnings are not limited by anything other than my abilities and willingness to make as much as I choose. If I need more money, I kick things up a bit.

There are pluses to both sides of self-employment, each person just has to decide if it's right for them! ;)

MValmont

What I love the most is I can what I want to do when I want to do it...I used to work in Finance and even though I liked it, I was working over 50 hours per week, had to be in the office at a specific time etc etc. Now I choose when I work, what time I wake up etc.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.