Every Sites PR now says 0?

Hawker

Has G officially abandoned PR now or is it just me?

No matter what PR checker or method I use.

No matter what site I check.

It always says PR0.

nopr.jpg

Same for you?

SEOPub

They announced it about a month ago. They are no longer supporting the PR Toolbar.

They had not publicly updated the data in 30 months, so it was useless anyhow.

Hawker

Hawker
Yeah I know mate, I'm not talking about the PR Toolbar which is just a browser toolbar like any other except that it would show you the PR of a site just like any SEO toolbar does.

I'm talking about what the PR that shows for a site now isn't the PR that it used to show (before they stopped publicizing it).

Even up to the other day, doing a PR check on a site would show you what its PR used to be (before they stopped updating it).

But now it's just saying PR0 anyway for all sites where as before something like facebook.com would say PR9 for example. But now it just says PR0.

So officially, PR is officially dead, done and dusted!

Why do I feel like listening to Military Taps!? LOL

vishwa

Yes, Google has now stopped showing PR publicly. So, that's why when you or we check the PR of a site it shows 0.

SEOPub

Anyone who has been advertising that they are selling PR 7-9 links is a low-life piece of garbage. Now if you see anyone advertsing that way, it is just even more obvious that they are nothing but a scam artist.

Hawker

Hawker
Seems a bit harsh seopub lol

Rapists paedophiles and murderers are what I would call low life garbage. But I try not to judge anyone.

Judge not else you will be judged with the same measure and all that.

Actually, when it comes to them I don't care if I'm judged the same, that's just wrong on every level.

But since when does selling links put you in the same category as them and make you a low-life piece of garbage in the same way?

It's rather "unethical" perhaps, but its a bit of a grey area. It's a play on words.

Saying enough but not saying it all.

Example. A title like "PR7-9 Links for sale" would make the naive, inexperienced webmaster think that they'll be getting PR7-9 backlinks.

But we all know that it's only the sites homepage that's a PR7-9 and your link might never reach the homepage and if it does it wont be for long.

I feel wrong and arrogant saying it but anyone stupid enough to think they're going to get a PR7-9 link probably deserves to find out the hard way the truth behind the matter.

But there far worse people doing far worse things like people who hack peoples accounts, phish them and steal their money from their bank, that kind of thing is just low-life sucky sucky.

Those types of people that do that type of stuff are scam artists.

But selling PR7-9 links doesn't put you in the same boat as these people.

You sound like someone who's spent a lot of money on some PR7-9 links and found out that the page your link was on isn't a PR7-9 but rather the domains homepage is PR7-9.

In which case, if that happened today and you paid with PayPal, you'd be able to get your money back in a significantly not as described dispute these days.

Where as that's only quite recently that PayPal defend virtual item purchases like SEO/links etc but they never before so was harder to get your money back.

Sometimes the seller would give a refund, the ones that do usually make a lot of money from it so it doesn't really matter.

The ones that don't give a refund are the poor kids that are skimping through life and can't afford to refund a $50 payment lol

Some of these are just genuine people trying to make some money to put food on their table. Some of them are d-bags as well of course.

But its a big grey area and hard to point fingers at people as it's not just any one persons fault but rather a culmination of things that has caused it.

I'm just saying, hate the game, not the player?

SEOPub

SEOPub
Nowhere did I say they are on the same level of rapists and murderers. But if you want to play silly semantic games, that's fine.

I will put it simpler. Anyone who has been advertising that they are selling PR 7-9 links is either utterly incompetent because they do not have any clue what PageRank is or how it works (Hint: It's PAGErank not DOMAINrank), or they are intentionally trying to scam and mislead people that do not know any better.

In terms of their place within the SEO industry and IM community, they are low life pieces of garbage.

And no, I never got ripped off by anyone selling this sort of crap, but I have seen a lot of people that did not know any better who did.

Miguelito203

I stopped paying attention to that years ago. I don't think any of these things are particularly accurate. With that said, I will look at a sites Alexa ranking, the engagement on a site, and how often it is updated to determine if it's a site worth posting on. If you know the baseline for sites in your particular niche, I think using the Alexa ranking as a guideline can be helpful -- especially if there is a launch and you want to know if a site is getting good search traffic. What do you think?

Joey

elcidofaguy

elcidofaguy
I see where you are going with regards to Alexa ranking.... In my opinion Alexa ranking is probably one of the worst ones out there and is easily manipulated.... Besides it doesn't tell you much given that the ranking is for all sites and has nothing to do with any of the search engines.... Personally I never use Alexa.... In my opinion its far better to look within your niche and see what sites are ranking for major keywords within Google....

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views