miken

My tip to be successful in internet marketing:

Do social media
Know your market
Set a budget
Try PPC
Don't forget about press releases
Search engine optimization

How about you? what are your favorite ways to learn and succeed in IM?

WebmasterPhil

Sounds like a good start :smart:

But take PPC slowly (using a small budget at first) because it's easy to lose money from that. I believe social media is the best way to market your brand and product these days. Start with social media and use it to get traffic to your site, where you then have an email marketing campaign to turn visitors into subscribers. From my experienced, this method is chained for best results.

ericplotz1

I'm getting tired of threads like this. Im' stating this publicly so that others are aware. QUIT CREATING THREADS THAT DO NOT HELP ANYONE and have already been discussed 100 times over.

The reason for the start of this thread was to fish for ideas. Yes, the objective is clear. What ticks me off is this same topic has been discussed 100 times in the forum. In fact Google pulls up 772 indexed results.

Here check this out:

Code:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=site%3Awebmastersun.com+succeed+in+internet+marketing

expertintegrations

Do social media
Know your market
Set a budget
Try PPC

I'd have to agree w/ you on this; as it seems logic & good starting point. Social media has become a high traffic advertising of choice, prior to social media PPC used to be the best way until social media. These days that has blown up! & killing off PPC - I know alot still use this method & its great it still works! Not bashing it nor putting this method down.

But social media has become one of the wide spread best way to advertise your business & its free, there is options to boost your advertising post on Facebook & twitter as well.

QueenMaa

Read internet marketing blogs and join internet marketing forums such as this one and participate. Write at other places besides your blog such as doing guests post and article writing platforms. Know what is currently happening in the internet world. There are free magazines that you can subscribe to, to help you with this.

Use free as well as some paid advertising. There are many traffic sources you can upgrade with a one-time fee and get more traffic benefits.

markbatham

Do social media
Know your market
Set a budget
Try PPC

You forget about content marketing.
Don't you think that this is the most trusted and cost effective way?

hynds

I think you miss many important channels that will help a lot in IM business. The list types of internet marketing aka digital marketing or online marketing are below:

1. Search Engine Optimization
2. Pay per click (PPC)
3. Email Marketing
4. Video Marketing
5. Blogging Marketing
6. Content Marketing
7. Social Media Network
8. Network Marketing
9. Community Building
10. Location Based Marketing
11. Contextual marketing
12. Affiliate (performance based) Marketing
13. User Experience Branding (UxB)
14. Interactive Advertising

Hope this helps

hrishivardhan

Know your market and build a strategy regarding it. try new things continue marketing on channels which are constant in giving benefits. cut short channels which are not giving benefits. don't relay on single strategy always try to implement new and more beneficial channels in your marketing strategies.

TheStrugglingNewb

The tip that I would recommend the most is to find ONE method that works and stick with it until you master it.

In other words, if you want to build niche websites and use SEO, learn everything that you can about SEO.

Don't get distracted when a new course comes out about something that has nothing to do with SEO.

If you want so succeed with internet marketing, you can't afford to have shiny object syndrome.

If you don't know what that means, it means that every time a new strategy comes out, you stop doing what you're doing and start doing the new thing.

My forte is email marketing.

That's what I focus on. I don't try to learn anything else unless it's something that has to do with email marketing.

You don't have to be a jack of all trades to succeed with IM. You just need to know how to do one thing extremely well.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads