Does domain age really matter for SEO?

SEOPub

Domain age is really matters for SEO. Webmaster considers the following:
1. Search engines considers well established site for high rankings. Because search engine considers that old domains sites are genuine and well established. So, the web site get best rank in google.
2. Recent domain won't get good ranks in search engine because, websites with low domain age may treat as spam. Spam sites are those which have low domain age and no frequent visits to it.
Total lies and complete nonsense. Don't listen to this.

TCoder

I haven't noticed Domain Age playing a role at all.

A few years ago, in that way Google was telling about backlinks profile, and continued to maintain a corporate template answers, like "you need to focus on content, and people will find your website". The fact is, that he recognizes that such factor exists and Google considers this data.

And social signals - absolutely are a ranking factor, and one of the most unambiguous.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofhwPC-5Ub4

Google even say, that they kinda try to figure out a little more about the reputation of an author or a creator on Twitter or Facebook
The video is over "Social Sites" and links that appear on "Social Sites"

Social signals are the likes, shares, votes, pins, or views people place on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or other social media sites that filter out to the various search engines

Two completely different things. A facebook "Like Count" or a Twitter Like will not help rankings because they are not links.

SamanthaBrey82

I always heard that as well, but sometimes if you buy an old domain name it can have issues with it. Like not ranking well in Google before it was let go, and then it's really hard to get it ranked again.

I've bought new domain names, and have them getting ranked in 3-4 months as long as I have quality content and update them daily.

To me, the domain name itself is more important than it's age, because of branding and such, plus it's good to have whatever keyword your targeting included in your domain name.

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies