Does changing post title effect SEO?

kidneycare

On my blog, I have some old posts that I would change its titles because they are old and not fit to targeted keywords at this time. But I am wondering it will hurt my SEO if I change the title completely on these blog posts? I mean I'd leave n ew targeted keywords in them but they will be different!

Please share your experience!

Thank you!

Hi Friend,
If you are talking about changing Meta Title tag of the website
Yes of course, when you Change your Meta Tags ( Title, Description), It will Surely affect your SEO but the impact can be positive or negative depending on the change that you will make. Because Search Engine improve the ranking based on your Meta Title, Description.

kidneycare

Hi Friend,
If you are talking about changing Meta Title tag of the website
Yes of course, when you Change your Meta Tags ( Title, Description), It will Surely affect your SEO but the impact can be positive or negative depending on the change that you will make. Because Search Engine improve the ranking based on your Meta Title, Description.

edwardkenway

Sometimes it could be very helpful for if it is relevance to your content, suppose your content is about any food related content but your content title is about fitness related then it wont work how it should be. If everything is alright like title is relevant to your content then in my opinion it won't be any problem about change the post title.

vincent007

Title is a very important part of a content, so changing it can be a problem here until re index it by search engine. Another thing is old content not a problem but main point is if title and description is not being similar then it can hurt your seo. So being relevancy title with description is important.

sree31

Title helps search engines the topic of your content (what you page is about). If you change it, then it's likely that your page will get re-indexed. It means google will have to figure out for which search terms your page should rank, from scratch. Ensure that your title is actually relevant to the page content, and if possible, change titles of only few pages at a time, instead of changing them all at once.

linconcley

On my blog, I have some old posts that I would change its titles because they are old and not fit to targeted keywords at this time. But I am wondering it will hurt my SEO if I change the title completely on these blog posts? I mean I'd leave n ew targeted keywords in them but they will be different!

Thank you!
By changing title here can create some ranking problem, but after somedays it will fixes when it will index in search engine. But constant changes of content component can hurt your seo. Another thing is similarity this is very important title should similar with content otherwise it wont be effective.

acemetillidie0001

Google will re-index your site based on keyword relevancy including what's in the article title, but making sure the title matches the content. Keep in mind you may be negatively impacted by loosing out any keyword relevancy you "may" have had with the former title, but if the new outweighs the old then it's highly recommended.

Numerous times i've re-evaluated older titles to keep them modern with what's ranking today. For the most part there's minimal changes, but as new content and topics emerge, search volume and competition can change.

Scott.

nextmiledigital

If you're ranking really well for specific keyword/phrases for that page, I would not be changing too much about the title/description. If it's not broken, why fix it? You might try an experiment on a less important page title to see what happens, whether or not your change to the title makes it drop in search or actually helps.

paritosh

Thank you!
As I know It doesn't exit a much effect in your SEO ranking but the title must be relevant with your content and should apply the appropriate keyword. When google will re index your post then it will automatically adjustable.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.