Bounce Rate suffering from new blog

crzyoverlord

Guys, I figured out how to drive huge amount of traffic to my site but my bounce rate is suffering for it. It's not related to my niche but I'm getting good advertising from it. Should I keep doing it? I'm still learning SEO.

Yashika

To reduce bounce rate you need to concentrate on Landing page design, Content, and Inter links. New update in website or blog, unique content, number of backlinks will effect the Ranking.

vaughn

Bounce rate means, The Percentage of visitors who are navigating to the site and quitting from that without navigating to another page. If bounce rate is high it means in your blog may contain the following things:
  • Irrelevant Content
  • Don't have interactive images
  • Very lengthy content
  • Pop up and more ads

Remove the above things from your blog then bounce rate will be reduced.

Latlon Technologie

if the bounce rate is high, it means that the problem is with the content or the presentation of the webpage. Use power words, attractive images and videos that gains the attention of the visitors.

SEOPub

You people have no freaking clue what you are talking about.

You know what else a high bounce rate can mean? It can mean that the searcher found exactly what they were looking for. Ever think of that?

Guess what else? It can also mean that total junk traffic is being driven to the site.

In this case, the OP said he "figured out how to drive huge amount of traffic to my site". In all likelihood, the traffic is just junk. It doesn't matter what he does to his site. The bounce rate is still going to be high because the traffic sucks.

A high bounce rate is not always an indicator of a problem with a site, but you just parrot out your standard BS answers that you have read from all your moronic "gurus" on the internet.

crzyoverlord

My blog's bounce rate is 63.16%. I've written 3 articles so far and they have over 1000 words each. I read online that the average blog bounce rate is 70-98%. I'm still learning SEO.

Miguelito203

If the traffic you're sending to your site is not targeted, it's not gong to convert. I mean, think about it. If people come to your site and realize it's not what they are looking for, why would they stay on there? I know that when this happens to me, I leave a site as quickly as I possibly can.

Joey

crzyoverlord

crzyoverlord
I agree with you. If I go to a site and it's not what I'm looking for, I will leave right away. I was just excited that I was getting traffic to my site and I found other ways to advertise my site instead of using the same methods that everyone else follows on the Internet. I think I just discovered a new method.

John Michelson

Are you getting more number of visitors? Are they staying on your website? If you would you like to reduce your bounce rate then you need to concentrate your visitors on staying some time on your website.

Traffic Ablaze

Just keep going bro....If you are getting traffic its always better than no traffic. If its real visitors then you are doing well and should probably test out conversions with product or list signups

Again... BOUNCE RATE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SEO. It does not impact your rankings.
We don't really know that 100% though as Google has chrome data. Either way i don't know why you are screaming in caps at the guy when he says he is still learning SEO. kinda aggressive there . Chill out . Its going to be okay. Guys is getting traffic and learning to boot.....its all good

SEOPub

SEOPub
First, I put the caps on because it was the second time I had to say it in the thread.

Second, we do know that they don't use bounce rate because it would be absolutely stupid for them to use it.

If I do a search for the menu of a local sushi restaurant here in town, and find a listing for it, I'm going to click on it. If they phone number is on that same page, I'm probably going to pick up the phone to place an order. I'm not going to look around at other pages. That would be a bounce in Analytics, but I found exactly what I was looking for.

Google wants to provide people with what they are looking for. If I find it, Google is not going to rank the page lower just because I didn't visit other pages on that site. Listen to how stupid that sounds.

That doesn't even account for the fact that they do not have bounce data on most sites (most sites do not use Analytics). They have some data in Chrome or if the page has a YouTube video embedded or is using AdSense. The data is still incomplete.

Now what they do care about is if someone searches for something, clicks on a listing, then hits the back button on their browser or performs the same search again, and clicks on another listing. That would be an indication that they did not find what they were looking for on the first page. If that happens a lot, that would be a problem. We don't have that data though, only Google does.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views