How to Build a Successful Low-Cost PBN for SEO

trustdnb

I want to build a small PBN for SEO, it has around 30 sites. How to build this Private Blog Network at low cost. What things do i need to consider to buy for good price?
Please share your experience?

Muzzamil

I want to build a small PBN for SEO, it has around 30 sites. How to build this Private Blog Network at low cost. What things do i need to consider to buy for good price?
Please share your experience?
Why don't you try Wordpress free service and move to your private domain and hosting once you are getting daily significant visitors and making good money. If you went out out to start your own PBN, it will require a good budget and you wont see success very quickly unless you spend heavy money on advertisements. Good Luck!

SEOPub

Define low cost?

For a 30-site network, I would probably budget at least $6000. Might sound like a lot, but that is only $200 per site. Probably wouldn't even be able to do it for that much to be honest. Not for a really good network anyhow.

I think I would take a step back though. What makes you think you need a 30-site network in the first place? Not all sites are going to be equal, so one person might have a 30-site network that is weaker than someone else's 10-site network.

Is that just a number you picked out of the air?

Did you find some freelance job that you bid on and now you have to figure out how to do it?

Rob Whisonant

If cost is an issue you may want to consider going in with several other people you trust and build a shared PBN. Note how I said trust. :)

EpicGlobalWeb

Use somebody else's money or get a job and save up for a few months. That's one of those areas where skimping on cost isn't the best choice. As Pub said, $200 a website is very below industry average. Even a basic wordpress site, when you hire the work, is going to run you $500 minimum unless you find some cheap labor on odesk or something, but good luck finding a quality vendor for that price.

However, you have another alternative - build it yourself. There's tons of training material right here alone.

trustdnb

"low cost" is perspective

$1,500 to build an entire PBN is low cost in my eyes. I spend over $100 a month just FINDING the domains, not to mention the registering fees, hosting, etc...

Stay away from any hosting that offers "PBN hosting"
There are more tool to find expired domains out there, why and which you spent over $100 a month just FINDING the domains?
How many sites can you build with $1,500?

Why don't you try Wordpress free service and move to your private domain and hosting once you are getting daily significant visitors and making good money. If you went out out to start your own PBN, it will require a good budget and you wont see success very quickly unless you spend heavy money on advertisements. Good Luck!
Are you talking to free blogs on Wordpress or Blogger? or using free Wordpress service for blog and use our own domain name to point to them?

Define low cost?

For a 30-site network, I would probably budget at least $6000. Might sound like a lot, but that is only $200 per site. Probably wouldn't even be able to do it for that much to be honest. Not for a really good network anyhow.

I think I would take a step back though. What makes you think you need a 30-site network in the first place? Not all sites are going to be equal, so one person might have a 30-site network that is weaker than someone else's 10-site network.

Is that just a number you picked out of the air?

Did you find some freelance job that you bid on and now you have to figure out how to do it?
I didn't think it will cost more like that, $6000, $200 per site is so high for me, how much have you spend for a site $200?
Hiring freelancer to write content? buy website themes, hosting, domain names, or something else?

If cost is an issue you may want to consider going in with several other people you trust and build a shared PBN. Note how I said trust. :)
You mean you recommend to buy services from a PBN instead of building my own PBN?

Use somebody else's money or get a job and save up for a few months. That's one of those areas where skimping on cost isn't the best choice. As Pub said, $200 a website is very below industry average. Even a basic wordpress site, when you hire the work, is going to run you $500 minimum unless you find some cheap labor on odesk or something, but good luck finding a quality vendor for that price.

However, you have another alternative - build it yourself. There's tons of training material right here alone.
I am wondering how did you spend for a site with $200?

SEOPub

SEOPub
You can think whatever you want. I'm talking from experience.

You are looking at anywhere from $20-50 per site for hosting. There are slightly cheaper hosts, but they tend to be awful services and/or attract a lot of other network owners. Hosting is the #1 way that Google tracks down networks. They find one crappy network site and then check the server that site is hosted on to find other similar sites. Generally, the cheaper the host, the higher the risk.

Then you have domain registration. That will be anywhere from $10-18 depending on the registrar and TLD involved. Add in privacy, which will be another $10 or so.

Most of the good domains for a network you have to pick up in auctions. You might get lucky and occasionally pick up a solid domain for $50 or so. Most of the time, you are looking at anywhere from $100-350 per domain.

Then there is content. On the low end, I'm paying $12 per article and using at least 8-12 articles per site.

So yeah, $200 was an estimate on the low end. If you want to build a decent network of 30 sites, it will likely be well over $6000.

Again though, why do you feel you need 30 sites?

ericplotz1

ericplotz1
You don't need privacy. You can put whatever name and address you want. ICANN is cracking down, but I can always transfer the domain names to a friend if they give me a problem. Never been a problem for me though. Just put a fake phone number (no point in using a burner, theres no verification process) and go to real estate sites to find over priced housing in rural areas and use that address.

Finding domains is pretty cheap. I do find great domains in auctions much easier, BUT using my method for expired domains is as easy as gets.

I find the most authoritative domains in a niche and then run them through Ahrefs. In the outgoing links section I either export Linked Domains or Broken links. Then I run that list through Scrapebox. Trim it and do whatever is needed. Then use the Expired Domain finder in Scrapebox.

OR

I run it through DHG. $89 a month but completely worth it. You can find expired Web 2.0s (little challenging though), auctions, and expired domains.

I find more than enough domains in the $69 range at auctions with DHG. More than I know what to do with. I feel like a kid in a candy store sometimes. So many great metrics and link profiles, its hard to choose. I could buy hundreds quality domains in a day, for about $69 each with DHG.

For content I snatch articles with Kontent Machine and have a writer in the Philippines re-write them. Only paying about $2 per article that way and the content is amazing. I go to Onlinejobs.ph for my writers. If you look hard enough you can find some really top notch writers.

EpicGlobalWeb

EpicGlobalWeb
I rarely spend more than $15 on a site. But that's because I'm a programmer :D

Everyone else gotta pay!

trustdnb

Again though, why do you feel you need 30 sites?
i WANTED more than that but it depends on my budget. How many sites would you recommend to have in a PBN?
In your personal opinion, 30 sites are enough to improve rankings for some targeted sites?

I rarely spend more than $15 on a site. But that's because I'm a programmer :D

Everyone else gotta pay!
If you are a programmer then it also need to spend more than $15 per site, because you still need to invest into domains, hosting, writers...
For a programmer, you only can cut costs on themes or building website systems.

No, I am talking about getting together with several other marketers and sharing the cost and labor to build a PBN that only you and the other marketers you get together with use.
It is a good idea but to find a group of marketers to share the cost for building a PBN is not an easy task.
I am thinking of buying links from a PBN, that can help me get backlinks to my site faster than building my own PBN.

trustdnb

Nope! Other ways.
Which ways? Can you elaborate this?

I run it through DHG. $89 a month but completely worth it. You can find expired Web 2.0s (little challenging though), auctions, and expired domains.

I find more than enough domains in the $69 range at auctions with DHG. More than I know what to do with. I feel like a kid in a candy store sometimes. So many great metrics and link profiles, its hard to choose. I could buy hundreds quality domains in a day, for about $69 each with DHG.

For content I snatch articles with Kontent Machine and have a writer in the Philippines re-write them. Only paying about $2 per article that way and the content is amazing. I go to Onlinejobs.ph for my writers. If you look hard enough you can find some really top notch writers.
I tried to hire Philippines writter but they provider low quality content, if you do that way, will articles affect to your quality of your PBN?

My point was that the number of sites is not really something to focus on. It all depends on your competition and the strength of the sites. I might get results with 10 sites, and someone else beats me with 5 stronger sites.

I don't understand why you picked the number 30. That is what I was getting at.
It is jut my goal for building a new PBN. I will start with 5 first sites to see how they work and expanding number of sites time by time.

ericplotz1

ericplotz1
No you cannot use low quality content. And you probably are unlucky in terms of hiring one. Their are just as many bad writers as there are good one on the site I listed. You just have to look.

You can find a good writer for about $400 a month and they will bust their asses to get the job done. My writer populates blogs with 80 pieces of content, images, on-page optimizations, and so on for $525 a month.

She writes medical copy so it has to be good. Shes even a writer for a health blog.

So I think youre just talking out your tooter and haven't really looked. If you have, you should look harder.

reCharge

@trustdnb

NICHE(S);
Hello, first find out how 'hard' the SEO work for your specific niche(s) is.
Some niches are tend to be more spammy than others. The spammy niches require larger PBNs (with about 100 pages or more). Some other very spammy niches does not use PBNs any more due the 'catch-rate' and high running costs.
So don't invest into the wind, find out what your competition is doing.

DIVERSITY:
A PBN for just 1 money-making site tends to be risky. Because a Google bot always compares the destinations of every page which was crawled before and compare these with previous crawled destinations of other pages. If one page has significant more back links it will be identified as the mother-page and could get penalized. To prevent this you need to have more money-making sites on different hosts without any common footprints. A very important technique is to send some percentage of visitors to 'no-where' (to pages which are not part of the network).

bl4ckhat

Guys i build all my PBN's with argo content generator it works great and is only like $250 and you can create unlimited PBN sites with it!
Its a windows desktop application to create complete websites or wordpress blogs fully automated. Works really well and best of all is i just cloak the PBN sites to affiliate offers as they even rank :D so i can use them for 2 things - building links for my priority websites, but also get direct traffic to the PBN sites which i can additionally monetize!

You don't need to hire writers or anything argo has an article scraper and auto spinner/thesaurus all internally that means you don't even need word-AI or something like that. For direct money sites you maybe need manually written content, but for PBN's the text this tool creates works good enough. At least Google indexes all the sites and blogs just fine and they stick. Haven't had anything banned sofar and i use it since about 3 years now.

So for everyone who is just starting out with low budget this is certainly the best option out there. Everything else you need is a server with some IP's (you can re-use them for other niches, i've done it and it works without any issues, besides google claims they don't care about IP's anyhow).

Well just as quick tip as i thought it might help some of you :)

hrishivardhan

PNBs are very costly and they also are very risky for the SEO if google sniff one of them then he will remove entire network.
SO I would like to recommend you to focus on something else like guest post on authority site by any outreach influencer who can make work easier for you.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.