Tips for Building a Fast and Mobile-Optimized Website?

Nemanja

Premium Member
Hello everyone,

I'm in the process of building a new website, and I want to ensure it's not only visually appealing but also optimized for fast loading speeds and seamless performance on mobile devices. I understand the importance of user experience and SEO in today's digital landscape.

I would love to hear your tips and strategies for building a website that's consistently optimized for page speeds and mobile devices. Are there specific tools, techniques, or best practices you've found particularly effective? Any advice on optimizing images, choosing the right hosting provider, or implementing responsive design elements would be greatly appreciated.

Additionally, if you have encountered any challenges while optimizing your websites and found creative solutions, please share your experiences. I believe your insights could benefit not only me but also others who are striving for a high-performing online presence.

Thank you in advance for your valuable input!

hipcat

I'd advise against using Wordpress, even though it's popular and people are gonna use it anyway, but I consider it to be a bloated mess these days.

If you are considering using it as the basis to build your site then keep the plugins to a minimum and use a good breadcrumb structure, so your visitors don't get lost down the rabbit hole. Have a clear & concise navigation and make sure all links go somewhere,

Make sure all images are SEO friendly and generally optimized for the web. Keep it simple, unless you run an online art gallery that rquires high rez images.

One tip that I've seen many website owners miss over the past 20 years is to think like a visitor and less like a webmaster. Webmasters get hung up over the dazzle of fancy plugins that do cool stuff, but most visitors just want their experience to be simple, straight-forward and to get to the information they want as quickly as possible.

There is a reason why Google looks like Google and some of the simplest looking websites still get massive traffic. KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid!) :)

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views