Do you need to be an expert to write about something?

rbmm

So, I guess my question is What makes an expert?

How does a person get to be considered an expert?

When does someone become an expert?

I am not an expert on experts, but asking a few questions
will create a few guidelines to get you some answers.

By the way, Just doing a Google search is NOT the answer
to finding information. As Rob mentioned earlier, there is
a lot of garbage information out there.

You can go by the definition - "Extensive knowledge", possessing special skills, etc.".

But, does that make someone an expert? Maybe.

How about perception? If a lot of people "Think" that you are an expert,
then are you? You are to those people!

Rob Whisonant

Rob Whisonant
When someone reaches the level of unconscious competence on a subject, I would consider them an expert.

Let me give you a corny example.

Remember back when you where a kid learning to tie your shoe. A a certain point you where able to tie your show without thinking about it. At that point you became an expert at tieing your shoe.

kassy06

You do not need to be an expert. Although you have to study what you are about to write. You should be knowledgeable on the topic you choose.

As long as you love what you are going to write, readers will love it also.

jeff22

As long as you can express your feelings and thoughts through writing, and convey what you want to inform your audiences, there's no need of being an expert to write something. What most important is your passion and satisfaction to do things you want to do. Gather the opinions of others, these will help you improve on your writing skills. If you commit mistake ,take it as a lesson. Make it as an inspiration to make nice articles, exceptional stories or narrations and who knows you'll become a famous writer in the future. So, if you're not an expert writer, there's no harm in trying. Begin and make one.

RAQ

I think you just need some knowledge about something. Don't need to be an expert.

All expert started as beginners. as time goes by, and continued practice, you will be an expert.

Barakobryan

You don't need to be an expert, but being a writer you should be flexible and open minded. Because if someone ask or requested you to write about something you don't even like you must do it. Professional writer don't decide what they write, but thier boss asign a project for them to write.

1. Being a writer you must consider what people wants to read.
2. So you need to research why people interested of this product.
3. You should point out what the readers wants to know.
4. Sometime if its a product or a food, you should try it 1st to give them an interesting and honest opinion.
5. Don't forget to give them extra knowledge so the reader will learn from you.

Thank you and good luck, i wish this will help you in the future

kevgardner83

I do not think that you need to be an expert in order to write about something.

Technology has changed how we do so many things in this world. I can look up anything at anytime on the internet because somebody that is an expert already wrote about it so you can get the information that you need and all you have to do now is be able to communicate your specific idea about that subject.

Technology has made it possible for so many people to write!

analogue

You don't need to be an expert but you should be knowledgeable about the subject matter you're blogging about. I know you should take everything you read online with a grain of salt but that's not the case with all people. You don't know who will read your content and you might mislead them if you don't do your research. Just be responsible what you write about.

mildredtabitha

You just need to analyze how you intend to work on that specific niche. Write down points on how you intend to start and support your niche. It shouldn't be something you will start and quit immediately. If you are willing to study about it and backup your findings, then that is just enough.

jovie10

No, if you are truly dedicated and interested about the topic, at the end you will be the expert in it. For me no one is expert, but i believe we all have an artist hidden in us somewhere. We all have an idea, we just have to step out in our shell and experience to explore. Many of us do not let it out as we are too afraid to face rejection. But rejection is a part in our life, that's how we become expert.

Kieranlewix

To be a good writer or blogger, just say what you feel and show the readers how what you feel relates to the topic you are trying to raise.Also show them how this affects them.Its really not complicated at all.Make an attempt to win your readers' hearts and show them that you are indeed trying to get their attention.Before you know it,you will be an expert too.It is like campaigning to win an election,sell your manifesto and get people to see things the way you do.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.