Email or Social Media, which one do you prefer?

mdsarang

It seems like people trust what they see in their email better than trends on social media especially when business is involved. Do you think this true? And how can email marketing be carried out?
In my opinion, it's the other way around. I think people these days are more into social media and probably a few (it depends) only check their e-mails. Active engagement in social media posts is also an advantage, I think because it is where people can see reviews or interactions about a product or brand. It attracts more consumers than e-mail marketing, since there are spam (some suspicious) messages. However, when you are subscribed in a website which offers services or products like me, e-mail marketing is also important, as it sends you an update as to what is new or if there are special promos and discounts.

macfais

It seems like people trust what they see in their email better than trends on social media especially when business is involved. Do you think this true? And how can email marketing be carried out?
In our country Philippines, online marketing through social media is the very popular one (especially through Facebook). According to one statistic, around 47 million Filipinos spend 3 to 5 hours a day in social media particularly Facebook. E-mail is used only as formal means (among various means) of communication. Most of those who have their emails are college students, professionals working in a company, and businessmen. On the other hand, almost everybody in Philippines has their own Facebook account (not just one account per person but two or three).

It means that your market will depend on who your target customers are. Either through social media or email, you have to study according to the situation in your own country. If you are planning to have a business in an international market, then I think you have to make use both them (email and social media).

Last edited:

fern2x2001

You could look at social media as a "very large market place" where a lot of people from different walks of life are gathered and doing what they do daily. And you could look at email as a "personal place" like their home where they could get information without having others knowing what it is. You could use this two places at your advantage for doing your business. You could "scream" at the "market place" about your business to a lot of people and let them know that your business exists and is ready to do business with them. And when people starts noticing your "scream" and gets interested and sends you queries about your business, then you could send the information in their "personal place" so that you could do business more personally with your possible client.

vin.averia

It depends on who I am communicating with.

For me, Social Media is the best tool to use if you want to advertise, to be recognized, to get someone's attention or to get prospects.

And then, I'd use e-mail when the information that will be disclosed is already confidential and personal.

Any one can have multiple social media accounts. But I am sure all of us has a primary e-mail account that we keep.

And I think if the person is using an email to communicate with you, I'll be more assured that the person is who he says he is.

joey_2tep

Social media is far wider than emails. Social media targets a huge number of potential customers than email which only targets a specific individual. It generates a huge amount of data about your customers in real time. When you have a presence on social media, you make it easier for your customers to find and connect with you. And by connecting with your customers on social, you’re more likely to increase customer retention and brand loyalty. Social media increases sales and customer retention through regular interaction and timely customer service. Preferably, I would say social media leaves more huge impact in terms of online marketing.

samie peralta

i prefer both for the reason that you can utilize every single details you would do, like for example in social media you do have a travel company who need clients, you can simply advertise in every social media (facebook, instagram, twitter, or your own wabepage) you have. The pictures that is eye catcher to the customer and detailed captions of the promos you will going to make. In email it is basically use for answering and writing request for boss or co-worker it is a must.

edwardkenway

Email and social media these two things are important, for business purpose if you send email to person it would be hard for that person you are real or not, because of on these days lots people doing fraud by email, this is why there have some lack of trust, but social media is really good for business, and these days lots people doing online business they just selling their product by online, even you dont have to go market for the product.
So, for business purpose i'll go for social media.

Goyum

I believe both marketing channels have there own importance and we must use them accordingly. When it comes to direct communication and personalization Email marketing has an upper hand in conversion rate whereas when it comes to market your brand or content then there is no channel which can compete to the reach of social media.

jennypitula

I prefer always social media as in social media we can get more specified audience. People are much more active in social media than email. Another important thing is that these is very less chance in email to click the website but in social media chances are high. So in social media more customer engagement is possible and we can directly communicate with them.

Ryza

I think they are used for different purposes and situations.For a formal situation like sending your cv or communicating about business transactions, its best to do it by email.If you also have an important or secretive message that you don't want to be accidentally read by your friends who might browse your social media site then wite it in an email.But for real time communication, it's best to use social media because almost everyone is regularly checking their sites.

Mr.JCen

For my opinion i choose both of the Social Media and Email is very imfortant to our life us of now because it is the way to make an easy to communicate to our love ones

Sxyvamp26

Both

For me, both has their own pros and cons. Social media is more on the artistic side where you can express your self through photos, quotes and even drawings. The downside of it is that people can stalk you an even get your private details if you are not careful. On the other hand, using e-mail is more private and safe. You can even send larger files and it is usually used for businesses. the only downside of it is the spam emails people send for promotions of other products and even scam sites that might get you in trouble and fill up your email space. in summary, you can use both but be wise and careful in giving your details.

Chris DaSilva

Email marketing and social media marketing are like apples and oranges.

It is hard to compare them and to understand which one performs better. They might serve very different purposes in your overall marketing strategy.

But for the purpose of growing our business effectively we must identify which channel performs better and where it is worth investing more of our resources.

For me personally I'd rather have 2000 subscriber on my e-mail list than 2000 Facebook fans.

emodafinil

everyone is having there own and different perceptions for some mailing is giving a professional assent and is effective but for some social media is having an acceptance capacity high.

according to me both are important but social media is really having a wide acceptance as compare to email and sometimes mails are neglected.

Morda

Email marketing is an important tool for working with the target audience and promoting on the Internet, facilitating direct communication between business and customers. The purpose of such efforts is to strengthen loyalty and sales growth.
I can highlight few positive aspects of email marketing:
1. Low-cost channel support.
2. The ability to collect a relevant database of their audience.
3. Creating a communication between the brand and the consumer.
4. Effective involvement in the implementation of the necessary interactions

juliaann

Email or Social Media both are the powerful way to use, But both are used in different ways as Email is the way to discuss and make the conversation into business & another site or Social Media is a great platforum to use ultimate feautres for a Business.

gracadedues

I use both for different reasons. Social media is quick and more personal because you know more about the person you are conversing with. Its also more engaging. Email is more professional and also easier to keep track of. Email addresses are also more of an asset than what social media is. So with that said, both is important just for different reasons.

paritosh

Email and social media both practices are good and use for different purpose. Through e-mail you can communicate or promote your business only one person while through social media you can do this thing many other people at a time.

ethelglover

Both are important for your purpose but I'll prefer social media first all the time.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.