Does Google Analytics include traffic from search engines?

rainmaker11

I have a straightforward question related to Google Analytics, and I'd greatly appreciate your insights on this matter:

Does Google Analytics include traffic from search engines other than Google, such as Bing, or does it exclusively track Google traffic?

I'm looking forward to hearing your experiences and knowledge regarding this aspect of web analytics.

Kartik_Goswami

Best answer
Yes, it does show traffic from search engines other than Google.

You can find it in GA4 under Acquisition > User Acquisition OR Traffic Acquisition By adding a secondary field -> First user source / medium

To move a step further, apply a filter.
Dimension => Fist user souce / medium
Match type => contains
Value => organic

1695286143942.png

Abhishake0025

I have a straightforward question related to Google Analytics, and I'd greatly appreciate your insights on this matter:

Does Google Analytics include traffic from search engines other than Google, such as Bing, or does it exclusively track Google traffic?

I'm looking forward to hearing your experiences and knowledge regarding this aspect of web analytics.
Yes definitely, it includes traffic from all search engines and from social media also.

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member

Google Analytics does indeed track traffic from search engines beyond just Google. It provides a comprehensive overview of your website's traffic sources, which includes data from various search engines like Bing, Yahoo, and others. When users arrive at your site via a search engine, Google Analytics records this data and categorizes it accordingly, allowing you to see which search engines are driving traffic to your site, the keywords users are using, and how they behave once they land on your website. So, you'll have insights into both Google and non-Google search engine traffic, giving you a holistic view of how users discover and interact with your online content.

onemoreroti

Yes, Google Analytics does include traffic from search engines. It provides valuable data on the source of your website traffic, including traffic from organic search. Google Analytics can differentiate between different types of traffic sources, such as direct (users who visit your site by typing the URL), referral (traffic from other websites), and organic search (traffic from search engine results pages like Google). This information is crucial for understanding how users find and navigate your website, allowing you to assess the effectiveness of your SEO efforts and make data-driven decisions to improve your online presence.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.