How do you perform competitor analysis and research?

profitnest

A big part of dominating the SERPs is keyword research and competitor analysis. After all, it's kind of hard to place number one or even first page without knowing what Google and users are looking for. There are many free and paid tools available to help with competitor research. What are you guys using?

I'll throw in my favorite freebie: Bing Webmaster Tools (for competitor backlink analysis).
My favorite paid: SEMrush. Although, I am about to try a few different options soon. I have tried the free version of Neil Patel's SEO tool (UberSuggest) and it was very useful. I might give it a go as it's been a while now and I'm sure it's improved even more.

Other than that, manual analysis goes a long way. Actually visit these pages to see why they rank at the top. What are they doing better than you? What can you do better? Can you offer any unique insights on the topic?

YasirKhan1

You are sharing your experience, which will help newbies when they reach out here. Another thing is that competitor analysis is more important if you want to win a race on SERP and have no enough budget.

In my experience, which I have applied to my projects, when you start analyzing your competitor, you get the data including backlinks and content, to apply to your own website.

Nowadays, Google is getting smarter, and with the recent Google Core Update of March 2024, this is the best chance for competitor analysis.

Check if their keywords are dropping or growing, analyze backlinks to see if removed or not, and their ranking position, etc..

This is my own research, and my website is growing.

gplforever.com

Totally agree with you on the importance of keyword research and keeping an eye on the competition. For free tools, Bing Webmaster Tools is a hidden gem, especially for backlink analysis.

As for paid options, SEMrush has been my go-to for a while now, but I'm also eyeing Neil Patel's UberSuggest. Heard good things about it and might give it a spin soon.

But you know what? Sometimes good old manual analysis does wonders. Checking out top-ranking pages firsthand can reveal a lot. What's their secret sauce? What can we learn and improve upon? And hey, maybe even offer our own unique perspective on the topic. Cheers to staying ahead in the SERPs game!

Perform competitor analysis by identifying key competitors, analyzing their products, services, pricing strategies, and market positioning through thorough research and data collection. Utilize tools like SWOT analysis for comprehensive insights.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.