Can I add Wikipedia content to my website?

anamika78

Hello Everyone ! Can I add Wikipedia content to my website? There is a very relevant article on something related to my site, but I don't know what their regulations or terms of service are. Thanks so much for any help

hoangvu

Hello Everyone ! Can I add Wikipedia content to my website? There is a very relevant article on something related to my site, but I don't know what their regulations or terms of service are. Thanks so much for any help
You can add whatever articles you want but take care about duplicate content for your site and your site can penalty by google.
Why don't you write unique content for your website instead of copying from Wikipedia ?

Pandora Blake

You can but for shorter references and quotes, do not copy too much from wiki as it will hurt your site's rankings.

aishasony

You cant copy content exactly written in wikipedia......you can modiify the content otherwise Googlebot catch you and place your content in spam

seojesica

I think you can take help from Wikipedia, But not 100% copy content.

bob

bob
Think is Thought but DO will be very different
No copy content from there then what is your ideas to get help from Wikipedia? how ? :D

stevex

Never copy content. Create your own. I know it is not easy to write on one topic over again and again. So for that you can use content spinning to spin the original content and create unique content for your website.

renart145

Try to use image/picture instead of simply copy paste on article. Copy the article on wikipedia and put it on document file and convert it to image. By doing that you are safe on duplicate content. Also dont forget to put "resource" and image tags on picture. :)

Sauda

Using the content from wiki or any other sites is not a problem but coping the exact thing might be a bad idea. It is okay to see and learn the content and how it was used, take that but come up with your fresh ideas from your understanding after reading the article from wiki.

erdr86

Not you can't because Google treated it as Duplicate Content.

Deepak Kaushik

Just one word answer NO.

Don't you know Google is updating day-by-day. Now recently Google Panda 4.0 updated and penalized "n" number of websites.

So, If you can not write article then hire content writer but do not copy from other website.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.