What is SSD hosting

lisa

Guys, I want to know about this SSD hosting. how is it different from ordinary hosting and what are the features in it?
All I am looking for is a safe hosting which with affordable price. I will be using it for adsense sites and blogs only.
And Also it would be great if anyone can recommend a good host.

Lisa

ironcladservers

SSD hosting means the server provider has faster hard drives than traditional spindle drives, to serve the content your visitors are requesting, it improves sequential transfer speeds and random I/O (input/output), good for databases. SSD's generally should offer improved performance, but only if the hosting provider regularly monitors this stuff and doesn't overload the server, as with anything performance is finite depending on how many users and how they're using the resources (in this case, disk IO and a few other metrics).

Ana-NETCreator

Guys, I want to know about this SSD hosting. how is it different from ordinary hosting and what are the features in it?
All I am looking for is a safe hosting which with affordable price. I will be using it for adsense sites and blogs only.
And Also it would be great if anyone can recommend a good host.

Lisa

Let's explain why SSD are better than HDD:

Solid State Drives (SSD) are shock resistant up to 1500g/0.5ms. Hard Drives consist of various moving parts making them susceptible to shock and damage. So, SSD is more durable than HDD.

SSD can have 100 times greater performance, quicker boot ups and faster file transfers than HDD. So, SSD is faster than HDD.

SSD use significantly less power -> less than 2W (HDD: 6W). So, SSD consume less power than HDD.

Remember: SSD is cost efficient because one SSD delivers the performance of 100 hard drives (though it has a higher price per gigabyte than HDD).

I recommend you to use SSD drive. We are using SSD for shared and VPS for more than a year and it's really good.

DavidYFoster

SSD stands for Solid State Drive. Unlike the Hard Disk Drive, the Solid State Drive stores your all confidential data on microchips. Because it has no moving parts that have to reach a specific point to read the data, the Solid State Drive has virtually no delays in serving the requests. Before you select a hosting plan, you should asses what's more important to you, either lots of storage for a couple of pennies or higher performance for a little extra cost.

gotkloud

Simply put, SSD Drives are faster. This means your content will be delivered faster than on a traditional Hard Drive. SSD drives will also not slow down at the same rate as comparable HDDs.

We have a video on our [URLnf="https://blog.gotkloud.com/2014/07/10/hello-world-got-kloud/"]official GotKloud blog[/URLnf] on this regarding SSD Drives and their performance.

JustinLane

A SSD (Solid State Drive) is a data storage device which uses integrated circuit assemblies as memory to store data. Earlier it was mainly used in aeronautical fields, military and medical but in recent years, it has begun to be universally utilized by web hosts and PC manufacturers.

ChadTrejo

"SSD" is an acronym for "Solid State Drives". SSD hosting is a great supply of online hosting. If you want a web site of your which could provide you with a much better service and great popularity, then you definitely require a good hosting.
SSD hosting is only one of these. This is a expensive procedure. If you require a SSD hosting as well as get more information on this particular, visit the source link and see more about it.

Mr.Bin

I want to add to the above-said that quality SSD hosting is available from ifastnet and a2hosting
They have stable servers and high uptime.

kang28ivan

Comrades above has given a full explanation of SSD drives, If you are not satisfied you can find articles from google about different SSD drives such as SATA or SAS

martinpetrak

SSD is the type of hard drive.

A SSD is much faster speed and iops wise, but is also more expensive per GB.

So yes, in the end, a SSD VPS should be more expensive than regular SATA VPS.

KingServers01

SSD stands for Solid State drive. These drives has more benefits over HDD. They do not have moving part like HDD and so they are less chances of disk failure. Performance wise they are more faster then HDD. So many customers are looking for SSD Hosting. Also SSD drives are costly as compared with HDD drives.

datarealm

A typical web site might not ever see the difference between using an SSD drive and an HDD, and the typical site is not heavily I/O bound. Either way, talk to your provider... If they are using any type of NAS (which they would have to do if they offer high availability services instead of tying your site to a single host) chances are they may have a hybrid file server. Its common to setup SSD's for caching drives in a file server to be able to quickly write changes, and then offload those changes to HDD which have a better price per GB.

martinpetrak

A SSD (Solid State Drive) is a data storage device which uses integrated circuit assemblies as memory to store data. Traditionally, it is mainly used in military, medical and aeronautical fields, but in recent years, it has begun to be universally utilized by PC manufacturers and web hosts.

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.