How to Become a Web Host Provider?

ElixantTechnology

No need to get defensive. Do you have a 10Gbps port on your servers? Otherwise, you can not legitimately offer 1Gbps Full Duplex to your VPS customers. If you have a 1Gbit NIC port to the node, you have to divide that up between the customers, that means if you have 10 customers on the server, you can only guarantee each customer 100mbps. All of the servers we provide are 1Gbps uplink, which is listed on our website, so I don't get where you're getting 100mbps from. Looking at online.net they are priced in pounds, and they are in the UK. I don't even see why I'm arguing with you here. Next off, 30-40 USD? Where are you getting this prices from? That's pretty crazy, and any provider offering servers for that low of price can't be generating much of a revenue at all.

We're not angry at all about what you are doing, we just don't understand how it's possible to run a business on such a model. We're trying to provide you with valid input, cheap is never good, it attracts the wrong kind of customers.

Either way, you ultimately have the decision on what you do, and nothing was intended as threatening as previously mentioned. For all I know you've got a great thing going on, and I'm not putting down your service, just asking a question from one tech to another :)

You sell dedicated server, that is why you are asking this question, if you are a vps provider then you will not ask this question.

I can provide a Fully Managed Dedicated server, 1Gbps full duplex, Less cost than you are providing.
You are providing 100mbps server, it costs like 30-40 usd, and you are taking from client 100 USD +.

I know my math and i dont want to share what i do with node and cpu.

You managed hosting providers are just become angry when you see someone providing servers at less cost than you.
Check online.net, it is better hosting provider than you and managed server cost less than your price and configuration is higher than your servers.

brentpresley

Alex, let him be.

Kiddie hosts come and go. And they certainly cannot be reasoned with about business plans.

Some people just have to learn the hard way.

ElixantTechnology

This is true, but you've gotta at least try from time to time. I've seen a couple of those kiddie hosts, when pushed in the right direction (as long as they have the motivation for success) actually go a long way. Everybody needs to start somewhere, it all depends on whether or not the person wants to establish a business, or is using a loophole so that they don't have to pay for their own server(s).

I remember 8 years ago when I was that kiddie host, as an example ;)

Alex, let him be.

Kiddie hosts come and go. And they certainly cannot be reasoned with about business plans.

Some people just have to learn the hard way.

ElixantTechnology

Great question. WHMCS will provide you with the base for your entire business. WHMCS will handle billing, account management, support and the whole nine yards. A basic HTML website as a front for the business will suffice, you can pick up a template for a good price over at themeforest.net

[URlnf=http://themeforest.net/tags/whmcs]http://themeforest.net/tags/whmcs[/URlnf]

All of the templates in the above link include WHMCS integration, to make things easier for you. Then a little bit of hacking and slashing through the code, and BAM! You'll be up and running in no time.

So, I should go with reseller plan with a free WHMCS license.But about web hosting manager page or website homepage (cms) for selling my web hosting plans on it, which ones would you suggest me?

Euservr

No need to get defensive. Do you have a 10Gbps port on your servers? Otherwise, you can not legitimately offer 1Gbps Full Duplex to your VPS customers. If you have a 1Gbit NIC port to the node, you have to divide that up between the customers, that means if you have 10 customers on the server, you can only guarantee each customer 100mbps. All of the servers we provide are 1Gbps uplink, which is listed on our website, so I don't get where you're getting 100mbps from. Looking at online.net they are priced in pounds, and they are in the UK. I don't even see why I'm arguing with you here. Next off, 30-40 USD? Where are you getting this prices from? That's pretty crazy, and any provider offering servers for that low of price can't be generating much of a revenue at all.

We're not angry at all about what you are doing, we just don't understand how it's possible to run a business on such a model. We're trying to provide you with valid input, cheap is never good, it attracts the wrong kind of customers.

Either way, you ultimately have the decision on what you do, and nothing was intended as threatening as previously mentioned. For all I know you've got a great thing going on, and I'm not putting down your service, just asking a question from one tech to another :)
I am really laughing out loud at your answer. You dont have any knowledge about vps and virtualization.
Better stop this here. You sell your High price dedicated server and i sell my low price vps.

One more thing is, Managed and unmanaged is almost same. It is just people like you take extra charge to do simple things.

"that means if you have 10 customers on the server, you can only guarantee each customer 100mbps."
---- I am still laughing for this answer. :hysterical:

ElixantTechnology

Quick question, how long have you been involved with the industry? What kind of schooling have you taken in regards to technology? Here's the big question, what do you know about virtualization?

We've had this discussion time and time again, and if you're thinking that Managed and Unmanaged are one in the same, sadly you are mistaken, and if so, you aren't providing managed VPS to your customers truly. How many years of sysadmin experience do you have? Do you have any network certification/training? Where do you get off telling me I don't know what I am talking about.

I'm going to leave you to do your own thing now, just know this, your business (which was registered in Aprio 2014, yet the website is still not fully functional & is using stock testimonial data), will not go anywhere if you don't accept input from people involved in the industry now for 10+ years.

Either way, this discussion has gotten to be off-topic. Back to the topic at hand, does anyone else have any questions about starting their own hosting business?

I am really laughing out loud at your answer. You dont have any knowledge about vps and virtualization.
Better stop this here. You sell your High price dedicated server and i sell my low price vps.

One more thing is, Managed and unmanaged is almost same. It is just people like you take extra charge to do simple things.

"that means if you have 10 customers on the server, you can only guarantee each customer 100mbps." ---- I am still laughing :hysterical:

Euservr

That is what i am telling you, You do your business and i do my.
Good luck with your experience.

Hostname.club

Finding a good website template for selling your hosting package is needed.
With a good design and clear information you will have a good chance to receive more orders from guest.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.