Namecheap or Godaddy or Name?

Patrick0

I would not specifically say GoDaddy is horrible, but I prefer other tools than the ones they provide.

The backend for members is atrocious, and to be frank their support was negative in my experience.
I do use their .99 domains when it comes up, but that's only because that truly is a steal.

dcb1101

GoDaddy is "ok" for domain names, just dont use their hosting. I havent used namecheap, but have heard good things about them.

never-sleep

I've bought most of mine through namecheap, but I don't really have a favourite... whoever is cheaper at the time gets my vote!

BIZFOSURE

To save money i would choose GoDaddy it wins with their deep discounting.

jenniferwhite

I think godaddy is perfect for people because its provided good services for customer

Mark007

I will recommend using Godaddy for cheap domains and good support services. I have a couple of domain names from them in the past couple of years and they provide timely support both through email and over the phone. But not very sure about their hosting services.

smallbudgethosting

I stopped using godaddy because the owner (bob parsons) decided that shooting en elephant for sport was just ok on his trip to africa many years ago..

elcidofaguy

elcidofaguy
I've said that a few times on the forum as well as the fact I genuinely hate their back end systems which is impossible to use as well as the fact they keep trying to bill me for a hosting account which I closed more than 8 years ago lol...

RDO Servers

Godaddy and Namecheap are both domain registrars, that happen to offer hosting also.

Using them for your domains is fine, but most people would not recommend them for hosting, especially not Godaddy!

michaeldlevy

I love Namecheap. Good company and I have been with them for 3 years. I have all of my domains registered with them and they have been awesome. Really never had a problem with anything. If you are looking for a good home for your domains, Namecheap is very established.

Last edited:

ypson

Was with Godaddy year ago and switched mainly due to their slow and overbloated control panel (might have changed over time).

I currently use and recommend both Namecheap and Name.

Harry P

Godaddy all the time.

Its control panel is good and simple for me.

Cesar

I have both. I prefer Namecheap for their ease of use. Godaddy tries to upsell you on a lot of other services, but if you look beyond that, it's not all that bad.
Tip: Look for coupons for both Namecheap and Godaddy. You can find them on the net by searching for "Namecheap 2015 coupons" and "Godaddy 2015 coupons".
Hope this helps.

SIG

My vote goes to Namecheap.com - been with them for a long time and I don't regret it.

PS: I also use Namesilo.com - they have free whois privacy included in the domain price, and the domain are cheaper than other places.

Nemanja

Premium Member
Nemanja
I have not ever used Namecheap before and don't know why they choose this domain provider while Godaddy is a good choice for me.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.