How can you handle downtime?

freds86

Hi everyone,

In this month, I got 2 times downtime on my hosting in 2 or 3 hours each time, I should change to a new hosting because i think if my site have this problem it will affect to SEO rankings.

or are there any ways to handle downtime on web hosting?

Hassan

Its depend what causes downtime you can ask your host details if your resources more than allocation even if you switch provider prob will be remain same.

ElixantTechnology

Who is your current hosting provider? Downtime is something that will happen from time to time, however when it becomes a frequent issue that's when you need to start considering your options. Sometimes an outage can be completely outside of your hosting provider's control, while others it could be directly caused by their negligence.

If you're feeding static content to your users, I would recommend a service such as CloudFlare to utilize their Always Online feature. What this does is it caches static data from your website (blog), and if your host were to ever go offline, it would then feed that cached data to your end-users, guaranteeing that your website is up 100% of the time.

Another things that you need to consider when you choose a hosting provider, is their uptime guarantee. Remember, that 99.9% uptime is equivelant to 7 hours per month. When selecting a hosting provider that does have this statement, you really have no reason to complain when interruptions in total throughout the month are equivelant to that amount of time.

Look for a provider that offers a 100% uptime guarantee backed by a service level agreement. What I would recommend is NEVER, and I mean NEVER choose a hosting provider that is listed on one of those top10 hosting provider websites. A lot of these websites are owned by EIG, and specifically rank EIG-Brand providers (such as Hostgator). You're going to see a lot of issues when moving to one of these providers.

Hi everyone,

In this month, I got 2 times downtime on my hosting in 2 or 3 hours each time, I should change to a new hosting because i think if my site have this problem it will affect to SEO rankings.

or are there any ways to handle downtime on web hosting?

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.