Nameservers or pointed IP?

crespy

Hi there, could you give me an advice I should use Nameservers or pointed IP for my website in my domain manager. my domain registrar provided me both Nameservers and pointed IP, which one I should use?

Hassan

Nameservers recommended IP address might change in order to prevent your site from going down. This happens from time to time when natural disasters, server problem and other problems occur.In such events, domains connected to name servers will automatically have their DNS records updated. However, domains that are connected by IP pointing will not work until make the changes with your domain host manually. This will result in a much longer down time.

Reactions: Eoon

Eoon

Eoon
As I knew then pointing IP address for a domain, can make email addresses not working like pointed by DNS servers, is it true?

ElixantTechnology

No matter what choice you make, your domain name will always be pointed to nameservers. It is recommended that you utilize the DNS servers in which are provided to you by your hosting provider, as they will be configured more accurately for your hosting platform and email system. You can manage DNS Zones through cPanel to point subdomains to alternate providers as needed.

Most hosting providers will utilize DNS Clustering and will have necessary redundancies in place making your host's DNS a reliable soltution. As an example, at Elixant Technology we have 7 servers running cPanel and hosting customers in 5 different datacenters, yet every server utilizes two nameservers (ns1.elixantns.com ns2.elixantns.com) both located in different datacenters in different parts of the world. By doing so as well, if a customer were to choose to move their hosting account from say Canada to New Jersey, the transaction would be immediate without any necessary changes on the part of the customer whatsoever.

Utilizing DNS provided by your Domain Registrar is only intended if you are pointing your domain to say a home computer or to a piece of hardware that does not currently utilize DNS systems. When using your Registrar's DNS you need to consider that you will be responsible for setting your DKIM/SPL/MX entries yourself, and if not done correctly your Email services either will not correct properly or every email you attempt to deliver with be directed to the end-user's spam box.

King-Servers

Yes, that's true. MX record is required for emails to work. When you update the IP for A record, it will just make the website work but if IP changes, you will have to update it again! When you update nameservers, both A Record and MX record gets updated.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views