Has anyone tried ipage hosting?

hoangvu

One my college suggest me try ipage hosting for my new website. I think this site is the same hostgator which I don't have good experience with their support recent days.

I'm checking shared offers https://www.webmastersun.com/forums/102-Shared-Hosting-Offers

but it sill has less choice for me.

what would you advise me when choosing a shared or how to know a good shared hosting provider ahead?

Thanks in advance!

ElixantTechnology

What exactly is it that you are looking for in a hosting provider? Maybe we can narrow down your options and find a good fit for you.

King-Servers

iPage and Hostgator are managed by EIG now alongwith other more 50 web hosting companies, you can check EIG's wikipedia page.

ElixantTechnology

Fun fact: All EIG-Brand Hosting Companies utilize BetterLinux, an operating system specifically developed to maximize server density. By utilizing BetterLinux they are able to house 15 times as many accounts on one server than they would be able to without. However, I can tell you this and vouch for it... BetterLinux is not a better linux.

NickTheMusketeer

I have been with iPage for 3 years now and I haven't had a single problem with them so far. Their support is outstanding in my opinion. The only drawback is the fact that you can't install 3rd party SSL certificates on shared Web Hosting packages.

boognish

One my college suggest me try ipage hosting for my new website. I think this site is the same hostgator which I don't have good experience with their support recent days.

I'm checking shared offers https://www.webmastersun.com/forums/102-Shared-Hosting-Offers

what would you advise me when choosing a shared or how to know a good shared hosting provider ahead?

Thanks in advance!
I wouldn't use them but what kind of website are you looking to host? Tell us more about your needs and we can better advise you.

Last edited:

ericplotz1

Thanks in advance!

I was with Ipage when I first started.

I built a pretty bulky site and the load speeds were 20 seconds per page!!!

I figured I was just a novice and stayed with Ipage for 2 years. In that time I learned everything about speeding up a site you could possibly learn. After doing everything, leveraging browser cache, modifying .htaccess, optimizing images down to 15kb (yeah that's right, HQ images down to 15 kb), and blah blah blah

Ipage was still loading my site at 7-8 seconds. NO GOOD

I cussed out the theme developer and all along it was Ipage. As soon as I switched my hosting to Site5, 1-2 seconds load times.

Beautiful!

Needless to say, I will NEVER roll with Ipage again. Ipage is horrible IMHO

hoangvu

iPage and Hostgator are managed by EIG now alongwith other more 50 web hosting companies, you can check EIG's wikipedia page.
oh I didn't know this information, so they are owned by EIG company?

Ipage was still loading my site at 7-8 seconds. NO GOOD
This point made me more disappointed. I have never used web hosts that loading more than 5s.
BTW, Thanks for your information.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.