Web Hosting Email

ron13315

Is web hosting email is safe? did you use it? I mean I believe web hosting email will delete all your email messages when you change your hosting. Also the uptime is not good.

or do you use private email hosting? please share your review if you are currently using private email hosting.

elcidofaguy

Hi Ron13315,

Some good concerns! I've used many of the big named providers and sometime ago I have moved to self hosting using sendy which leverages Amazon SES... As it uses Amazon SES (you can also use Mandrill and other similar services too) - you get excellent delivery rates and its like x100 cheaper than any of the big names! You get 10,000 emails free every day!!! Just make sure to set-up DKIM/SPF on your web server and then you are ready to rock and roll....

For me self hosting is the way to go! Its so much better in many ways....

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Sid

ElixantTechnology

OPs statement can can be both true and false at the same time. Firstly, when you select the right hosting provider, you can probably expect that you are going to stay with them for quite some time, so you shouldn't have to worry about switching providers and migrating your emails. Next, if done correctly, migrating your cPanel account to another provider will result with not only your website and database being transferred, but also your email addresses and all of the contents within.

If you do things sloppy and manually transfer every file and database to the new provider, then yes, you're going to lose all of your emails. However, I can only see this happening if you fail to pay your hosting bill and get cut off, leaving yourself with no access to the account to migrate it accurately.

Hassan

If your host dont have professionals you may lose your web data as well in future there is nothing like that while move host i recently moved a famous network websites with all their data.

gigapros

If you don't have root access to your old & new server, simply use any IMAP mail client (like ThunderBird) to migrate all the mail folders from your old to new hosting account. It's just as easy as copy/paste! :)

digitalConnect

Is web hosting email is safe? did you use it? I mean I believe web hosting email will delete all your email messages when you change your hosting. Also the uptime is not good.

or do you use private email hosting? please share your review if you are currently using private email hosting.
I will suggest private email is most secure & reliable, & you can also get in your own domain extension, Responsive (open in mobile / tab) with 100% uptime & with much more features than hosting email & this is low cost too, as per I know you can find this private email around $1 per month

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.