How much did you pay for a domain and host?

elcidofaguy

Hi everyone,

Is $65 enough for a domain and a hosting for using over months or years?

Any advice

Thanks
That's pretty good when you consider its around $5 per month... I assume its shared hosting account... That's about the average cost for medium level shared hosting... In addition I would check out how many domains you can add to your hosting account (incl. use of mysql database)....

RDO Servers

Hi everyone,

Is $65 enough for a domain and a hosting for using over months or years?

Any advice

Thanks
You could get pretty close to that. Domain registration is usually around $10/year. Sometimes you will see specials with a discounted or even free if you signup for hosting.

Web hosting for around $5/month is not too hard to find. You can find $1/mo hosting, but I would not suggest this. Everyone likes getting stuff for cheap, but remember, hosting companies have to make money too. If they are only charging you $1 mo, that will hardly pay for the server space you are using. Now ask yourself, if they are not making any real profit, can they afford to provide quality services and support? :blink:

sharplesson

paying $65 for a month? move on dude, because you are paying probably the most as far as shared hosting is concerned.

And domain name comes free with the plan you will choose, just correct your information and do some research.

thanks
web hosting tips
sharplesson

proka

I pay the lowest rate on iPage and the service quality is awfulll...site is quite often down and it is sloooowwww... go for better hosting

ElixantTechnology

Key words "lowest" and "iPage". $65 per year is decent price. I would definitely take Prokas advice.

I pay the lowest rate on iPage and the service quality is awfulll...site is quite often down and it is sloooowwww... go for better hosting

Kyrie

I have used namecheap which set me up for a year for about $22

aschatria

I buy domains on GoDaddy and then host them for free on couple free hosts available to anyone.

lorettalschmitz

For a new website, shared hosting is probably sufficient. But as your traffic starts to grow, so will your hosting needs and budget. While shared hosting can be as low as $50 per year, moving to a VPS (virtual private server) or a dedicated server can easily bump up the yearly price tag to over $1,000. [Edited by Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.