Will more traffic increase google rank?

PTTed

Hawker

Yes, more traffic can increase your PR(page rank) in SERP like Google, Yahoo, Bing etc.
Aman can you explain how exactly traffic increases your PR when PR is a measure of how many links are pointing to your site and not how much traffic your site is getting?

Please explain that to me Aman. :)

Hawker

Oh looks like he deleted his post or it was deleted.

Aww, I really wanted to know how exactly traffic increased your PR as well.

Hawker

There are some terms and condition for page rank. I think more traffic is one of them. It influence to PR.:whiteflag:
How is traffic a term and conditon of PR Shamsul when PR is a measure of how many links are pointing to your site and has nothing to do with traffic at all?

Please enlighten us. :D

Last edited:

savidge4

Exactly. Bounce rate, on-site actions, time on site, etc are all going to be factored in.
None of that stuff matters either. Google does not have that data on the vast majority of sites.
As much as I understand the answer here... Google is not about ALL of the web, it is about the web that it knows ( has crawled ) So in truth, any site you will find within a Google search listing, Google will have all of this data and then some ( given the point of action starts from a Google property ). And this is not about tool bars and Google Analytics either, there are patents that indicate they track a user of googles search properties from start to finish. Click rates ARE a factor to some degree, not as obvious as it may have been in the past, but without question a variable. Look at the Feb 23 2016 update.. it specifically was targeting CTR for both paid and organic terms. To say "None of that stuff matters" is a stretch.

Reactions: ericplotz1

SEOPub

SEOPub
CTR is a completely different discussion and has nothing to do with the OP's question.

The question was does traffic impact rankings. Traffic can come from tons of different sources. I can have a site that gets 50,000 visitors a day and barely any of it is from search. If I am not running Google Analytics, I am not running AdSense, and there are no YouTube videos embedded on my site, they have no clue what my traffic is, or what that traffic is doing.

savidge4

savidge4
I shorted the previous answer to a more overall reader spectrum level. Speaking to you I will add more deatail:

Again, I understand what you are saying, but Google simply has more reach than that. G+ ( i know this one is weak ), Android users in general, Chrome browser, internet service provided by Google, and any and all of the other web-scale usage data they have their hands on.

I strongly believe we are in the day and age that we need to operate as tho anything and everything we do in terms of traffic ( on or away from Google ) can and will effect our efforts on Google. Forget anything else for a moment how much traffic is android traffic in todays environment? 30%? 50%? Google has access to this. By percentage Chrome is the most used browser across all of the sites I monitor. Lets not forget the billions that Google has invested in backbone infrastructure and that they are a domain registrar.

Google is in the business of gathering data.. all of its side products are simply providing that data in a form that can be used. One really cant say how much data they have, but like I said, at this point, you simply need to assume they have all of it.. LOL ( I know a stretch )

Hawker

There was some site a while back that was selling a service that said the only thing that gets you top 1st page rankings is the amount of people that click YOUR site in the lists is the only thing that matters.

I can't remember who it was now will have to dig them up but they was all professional business and that all pro looking and they said that their service works because what they do is have an army of people that search for your targeted keywords you want to rank for and instead of clicking the top results, they search for your site and then click through to that.

The point was that by doing so, so many times, it would improve your ranking positions onto the 1st page at the top because as far as Google can see, your site is the one that people are clicking on and finding the most relevant so will therefore naturally rank that site higher than the others that don't get as many clicks.

At the time I was like, whaat, is this for real, they had all these charts and that that showed how it works and that it does indeed work and making a big deal about it, related to some big sites as well and all that. But I was sceptical because I'd not heard anyone before say that CTR was the number 1 main thing for improving your ranking position and that it was basically just backlinks that really counted.

But according to them, apparently not. Although I think they said that can still have an effect of course but ultimately if you keep using their service, they keep having thousands of people from all around the world searching your keywords and clicking on your site so much so that eventually Google will rank you higher anyway regardless.

If I ever come across it again I'll put it here because its about the most controversial thing ever to say regarding SERP ranging with just CTR alone.

If it's true then it kind of wizzes on everything you've been doing for the past 10+ years LOL

savidge4

savidge4
Here is a study by what I consider a reasonably decent source: https://moz.com/rand/queries-clicks-influence-googles-results/ and this is back in may 2014. There is a pretty relevant Negative SEO theory that you click every link except the one you want to negatively effect and the page will drop ( this still works as of fairly recently ). The positive ranking aspects of this are no longer as instant as in the Fisk case study. Without question however there is merit in the idea. I have said many times here on the forum the February Google update was in regards to this exactly pages and ads with low CTR were going to loose rank, and those with higher CTR were to be rewarded. Basically this is not a fly by not concept but a reality in current SEO

I dont recall if the Fisk study indicated that if you stop with the clicking over time the page will loose rank and fall back to its original rank position. Interestingly with the negitive seo side of this, the effects are not so temporary.

Here's to wizzing! LOL

Hawker

Creation of backlinks will increase the traffic and it will automatically improve the page ranking.
Automatically improve the page ranking?

Could you explain what you mean by this Pravin since Page Rank has officially been disabled for us for a while now.

Somehow I'm not holding my breath for a response from you.

AgentProv

The traffic you will have on your website is the result of your SEO campaign. You have to optimize your website (On Page SEO) and get quality backlinks (Off Page SEO) if you want to increase your rankings in Google and to get more traffic.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.