How can we do SEO without backlinks?

ernestgreg07

I think you must have wonderful content and promoting the website on social networking sites well
Your content must be of very high quality and should not be less than 1000 words in anyway or else it will be just another spam content. I'd also agree sharing great contents over social networking sites to start engagement to folks out there.

kurtramirez

Yes.There are many option for SEO.You should have very high quality content.And You can join every social media market pales.Because you need to unique visitor for your content.When you do this than every visitors will visit your content.I thing google will count your every visitors as a unique visitor.So it is the better option for SEO without backlinks.

Thank you.

StasVa

StasVa
No, Google will not count your visitors. It's not working that way.
And every time when people (usually content marketers) are telling that there is the way to do SEO without links they are telling about content.
But content don't promote itself, for Google the best article in the world is just a HTML markup with some keywords, google can check how unique is the text, is there some tags, but it cannot expert this article. That's why Google estimates the authoritie of the domain and page by looking who and how reccals to this article. It may be links or social signals, if you will think about social sharing in fundemental way it is a backlink either.

So actually when people are telling about no link building - it's very tricky. Because in the best way they will try to motivate and chock up visitors to create links in natural way. Or to create "billions" of articles for long-tail keywords without competition (in some niches it's just not possible). But ussualy it's much more expensive (time and money).

Good content - is a necessity but not a panacea

SEOPub

This is one of the dumbest threads I have read here. Why in the world would anyone want to do SEO without building links when links are the #1 ranking factor.

That's like saying, "How do I get my car to drive down the road without gasoline?" Sure, you could just roll it downhill, but you are wasting most of the potential of the car.

semidot

SEO possible without backlinks because most of the people take wrong definition from SEO term. link building is a part of SEO but SEO is not link building. You can perform other activities with SEO like social media presence, content marketing, on page seo etc.
People build back links for massive website's traffic and keyword reputation but brand establishment and search reputation also come under SEO activities which are most necessary for huge visibility.

StasVa

StasVa
For sure SEO in not link building.

Okey you have a small business website, you are Personal Injury Lawyer. You created the best articles ever so what else ? For Google your article is a simple html markup. He cannot expert your content. So how it can say that your article is better than 100000 others with the same keywords ? People will create links in natural way ? How you will bring those people ?
From Social Media ? So that's SEM and SMM not SEO... advertising ? That's not SEO either.

SEO - is not only Link Building, it's much more complex. But Links are the main ranking factor. When People are saying about SEO without links it's expencive, inefficient SEO from non-SEO experts. In the best case they are Social or Content Marketers who do not understand really how search engines works and are limited by Google recommendations.

Waverly

I agree with you Ravi Kumar. Content has become KING and it's quality content that will attract the sites who will eventually provide a link.

Waverly

Never said you could do it without links SEOPUB, my point was if you post excellent, relevant, high-quality content; hopefully, you attract quality, authoritative websites to provide you links.

EpicGlobalWeb

I just thought of another possible way to do "SEO" without back-links but then again all my ideas are just ramping up advertising to hyper-budget levels.

For instance, I suppose you don't really need any back-links if you run ads all day and night in the newspaper and television. However, that advertising will also get you some back-links at some point when people share you somewhere or reference you in an online citation.

Bat2100

Why try new things where there are ones that are working already. Plus that would be impossible to rank without backlinks. The only thing that comes to mind is a low keyword or a site. I know my website was receiving SEO traffic from the big social signals I had. This might help you rank because social signals are important but links are importantER.

selenagomez1

Your question is really great. According to me and my experience on some projects, backlinks are sometimes not necessary. Just get your content well-written and more attractively, make your site good plan of internal link and combine with social sharing. That is all what you need. However, if you want to compete with some competitive keywords, backlinks will be one of the most necessary points for you to get over your competitors.

HostLittle

I would always be thinking of backlinks when building your website and doing SEO. Don't spam them out though, if you share good high quality content then natural backlinks will turn up over time. Guest posting also is an easy way of getting backlinks.

Claire_Anderson

Back links are most important when it comes to seo. It is not possible to get a good ranking position without the back-links. All the webpages that appears in the first page of the search engine results have back-links in the high PR websites. Without creating back-links we cannot even compete with them. If you do not have time to build back-links then try getting a few back-links from the high PR websites.

Fredrick

if your concern is Seo without backlinking all you
need to do is just create a good article about
your website or product /service you offer and
contact high pr press release website and have
them publish your press release..

ernestgreg07

ernestgreg07
It's still hard to find free PR sites that can convert natural traffic. Do you know a list of them? Most of the good PR sites require payment when you submit your good and quality contents across their platforms.

bhaskardas

There are such techniques left in SEO to get rank in search engine without creating backlinks. Focus on low search keywords and keep best practicing in onpage SEO.

santek

Updating the quality content & proper optimization of the website is the only option. More you focus on these technical factors, better will be your results in search engines.

santek

SEO can be done without taking help from backlink. It's the proper optimisation of the website that does the work for you. More proper is your on-site work, better will be the results.

hentis

So many people on this thread say that you can do on page seo and not worry about back links.

Can I tell you honestly that is the biggest load of B*llsh8t.

When I started to try and make money online I did not have knowledge about back linking. I did not care and was very stubborn and just plainly thought it's not worth my time to bother about back links.

So I had to learn the really hard way. I have constructed plenty of "not to blow my own horn" very good websites. And I never got more than a few clicks sent from Google or any search engine.

Back link structure is the highest priority and the biggest factor of SEO.

Jen

Jen
Does that mean that we shouldn't even worry about the SEO on our websites and just spend the time building backlinks?

I am new to SEO so that's why I ask. I have heard the opposite and the same as what you are saying.

paul1129

paul1129
Well if the site is not an eCommerce site then we like to spend our money & effort 30% on building content, 40% on building links and the rest 30% is divided among different promotional activities such as PPC, SMO etc.

johnclarke

You might have heard many saying that without links you cant move ahead. But its a myth. You don't need links to run your business. You can drive traffic to your site without building links to it.

Focus on creating a BRAND that offers value to your customer. A Brand that people love. You can create a brand awareness via connecting with people on social media and by word of mouth. SEO is not just about building links, Its about building brand that resonate with your target audience.

Aegis software

Backlinks are very important part of SEO & it is a ranking factor. After on-page activity, to maintain the ranking or to improve the ranking backlinks are very important.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.