Good web hosting for a small forum?

epicstate

I'm planning to start a small forum, can I host it with a shared hosting? as I know forum cms consumes more resource than a blog cms. is that correct?

RDO Servers

Hey epicstate,

Starting off on shared hosting should be fine. Forums do require a lot of resources, but that is because of the traffic they tend to get. If your just starting out, it will be some time before you start having hundred of users online at one time. There is not reason to waste money on a VPS or dedicated until your resource usage actually calls for it.

laceibanet

going for a shared hosting should be good. Yeah the cms can sometimes use more resources than a wordpress or something like that, but it should still be good. Try to speak to the provider you're choosing to see what their limit might be and if they allow a forum on their shared hosting accounts. Once you start getting bigger then think about moving to a vps but for now a shared hosting account should be more than enough

ulterios

I agree with the others in that shared hosting should be fine at first when starting your forum. Then as the traffic increases and the need for more resources arises, then look to upgrade from the shared hosting that you are using.

I will point out one thing. Make sure that the shared hosting provider you choose is a good one and not one of the usually poor hosts. One thing that can hurt the growth of a forum is having very slow hosting and/or hosting that has a lot of issues and has lots of unexpected downtime or other issues. If your forum gets a reputation that it always has problems and is super slow, then people might not stick around long.

WebmasterPhil

Shared hosting these days are sufficient for many webmaster's needs. Shared hosting is a lot cheaper now because equipment prices has gone down over the years, so the customer benefits greatly from this.

VPS or dedicated servers are best suited for operations that requires scaling - such as an eCommerce site like Amazon.com. VPS is also suited for people who need to load custom software and need extra computation power to run them.

plbakker

Try to use shared unlimited hosting. You can upgrade to VPS anytime. I'm using hostmaster for my personal site.

vishwa

Shared hosting is a good option to start your forum. No forums does not uses more server resources. All you have to do is when your forum grows you have to upgrade your hosting to VPS.

plbakker

Hosting companies with large clustered datacenter can use "unlimited".

OK, just start from cheap hosting, then you can upgrade to unlimited or VSP anytime.

Cherin

You can go with Shared hosting package for Small Forum, shared hosting would be enough and affordable. In case if you are getting more traffic, you can upgrade the shared hosting plan or You can shift to VPS.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.