Which is more effective for promoting products, Facebook or Blog?

williamk

Facebook comes out on top for marketing compared to a blog. You will find a Facebook ad reach a lot of users randomly and the little content on the ad will capture that client or buyer for your products.

williamk

In a general sense of promoting a product, which is one of better platforms can bring a higher traffic and generate leads for your products? Facebook or Blog?

Your answers are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Winson
Facebook is the best place to market products once you identify the right target market you will have the best place to be. It will be frustrating at the beginning ,once you identify you target market then you will have an easy time.

victoroj

I would say Facebook is more effective in promoting a product because it can connect to a wide audience or market. With just your Facebook account, you can post just about anything that has to do with your product and reach your target market. Everyone is on Facebook, everywhere, everyday.

On the other hand, if you have a blog, why not use both. I always say this, there is no need to choose between two options, because if you really want to promote your product, you can maximize your full potential and grab every opportunity to promote it.

docmildred

You can create an in-depth description of the product or services you are marketing through blogs, and in some cases may also include insights of consumer who have used the product. These blogs may then be posted on your own facebook account or a facebook page to build more traffic hence increasing your market.

johnmctown

I've used facebook to promote my product. Facebook has a lot of users. I just post my product on my wall then later people ask questions about it. It is easier on faccebook.

Toshiro Cotta

I agree with Tim. I think you should utilise more platforms for a better reach. Both the followers on your blog as well as those on Facebook are separate audiences. So catering to both by posting on both platforms is a good idea.

The advantage of using Facebook is that since it is a social media platform, there's higher likelihood of interaction and engagement. Blogposts tend to have a more passive response to them.

But I think regardless of whether you post on social media or on a blog/website, I think it's important to also offer free value to your audience previously. So this basically means giving your audience information that they would find useful for free in the form of articles or Facebook posts and so on. This creates trust in you and also the feeling of reciprocity (the feeling of needing to give back).

This can in turn be used to increase the chances of your product selling well. :thumb:

Yayish

The greater the number of audience, the greater the possibility of product sales. If you would ask me which is better, I would say why do I have to choose if I can use them both? Different social networking sites or websites have different audiences. Create a blog about your product then advertise it on your facebook account. Have the people on facebook check your blog about your products. Using them both is not just effective but also efficient.

mau87

Not all people knows how to make blogs or own websites, especially those who are just starting on online businesses. In facebook, access are very easy and it is very easy to use. Most of your market are you friends and their connections. Facebook is a good way to start an online business, it should not stop there, later on when you mastered your business you will have to expand. Learn more about websites and blogging for your expansion.

easymusicforall

I believe that facebook is a wiser option to advertise your products.
Facebook is a great social media page where not only could you advertise through chatting with your friends but also sharing your products to the public.
Here are some simple and effective ways to advertise:

1. Start with facebook messenger. Whether it is a webpage or just a product that you want to sell you could always share the links or photos with your messenger and not just with close friends but you could also share with all of your friends on facebook. An average user has about at least 800-1000 friends. You could spread the news to as many as 1000 people.

2. Friends of friends. You can also add "please share" to the captions so that your friends would know that you need them to share your advertisement if they aren't interested but still wants to help you out. I'm not saying that all of your friends would share your advertisement but at least your close friends and relatives would be able to share your advertisement to all of their facebook friends and again an average person would most likely have 800-1000 friends on facebook.

3. Advertising groups. There are many groups of facebook that you could join to sell or advertise your products or website or company. I recently joined a group that only sells guitars and guitar equipment and I could also post ads on the group if I wanted to provided that it's related to the purpose of the group. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that you could find group pages and jin them so that you could advertise whatever it is you are trying to advertise.

There are many more ways to advertise on facebook and it's all up to you Just be creative on how you try to do things. :D

Jacob.k

it's always the best to have self hosted blog because you have full control over it. Facebook can always delete your fan page, and you dont want to build a good fan base just to be wiped out by moody facebook.

I mean there are people doing that, but it's not really a long term business model. It could be, but probably not...

So make a blog and make a fan page that will represent your blog, not make the business itself. Leave business side for your blog

williamk

They both have to work together to get the desired traffic. Your blog can use its own traffic by using google AdWords and other methods. Another way of driving traffic to your site is using facebook ads, really works well if you can make well done and engaing adverts. I have seen facebook working for me more.

Pearl88

I would have to go with Facebook. I say that because, in my eyes as well as everyone I know, Facebook is much more popular. You will certainly get lots of attention with the live video feature on Facebook. Everyone is on Facebook nowadays.

fredoman

Based on my experience. Facebook is better on selling your product, In fact I started my business by posting in Facebook, Just using my personal account to sell products then later on I started my own Facebook page and group that grew. besides people now a days are not fund of reading blog.

ion

I think the Facebook, but much better if you will make your own blog and share it to your Facebook account, or go to some pay per click site and upload your blog there first, then get the new link and share it your Facebook account, well, for additional income from some pay per click site, your buyer or possible customer should wait for about 5 secs. from the advertisement before they can view your blog about to your products.

genesis

I would prefer answering the question only sir, ideas that would make you invest money are not an option. The point in here sir is the number of traffic or viewers, the more traffic the higher the chance of having your product be sold. If you have higher number of friends in FB compared to your blog, better have it in facebook. But the ideal platform for posting or selling a product is of course in your blog, problem in which is how are you going to promote your blog. Social medias are always part of these.

shanejhane

For me its Facebook, there's a lot of viewers in Facebook and most of the people using Facebook all over the world. In Facebook you can create your own page that you can use to sell your products and give information about it and benefit of it.
You can advertise your products freely, but there is an option that you can pay also so that Facebook can help you promote broad you products faster. In Facebook you have friends that will help you promote your products by sharing you post that can caught many viewers.
You must be willing to understand and use Facebook in a proper way.

kentotin123

I agree that facebook is the mose used social media website. Most of us using facebook become part of our daily life so it is easy to promote in facebook. If you have blog you can connect it as most of us suggested but it is not necessary to make blog if you don`t have face book is enough for my opinion.

Judas2018

I think your personal blog or website always works best. You have total control over the content you post and when or where it comes down. I've known people who've posted stuff on Facebook and had their posts deleted by FB and their accounts suspended for a period of time. This happens when you post something that someone doesn't like. So they report it for nudity or violence. Even though it may not qualify as such, apparently FB doesn't need much nudity or violence in a pic or video for them to shut the whole page down. Anything suggestive will usually draw their ire if someone is petty enough to report you. Your official site though is open for any and all content. Because your web host has higher standards of quality of content. Most websites don't get suspended for edgy content by a web host.

sweetpot81

Nowadays, I think people are more convenient and find easy browsing with Facebook. But it depends to the number of friends you have and where do they usually browse. Blogging takes time to read compared to Facebook that you just have to make a quality presention, once they are interested you can redirect them to your blogsite.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.