Are forum profile backlinks worth it?

mukesh

attractive signature links are good. they gets your backlink counted on google also gets you visitors from forum.

NichBi

Certainly, the posted link in profile it is also 1 backlink form, specifically if it is dofollow, still the quality.

Ron Killian

NO. Just more crap advice to get a signature posted. A blanket statement that helps no one. Huge traffic? Really? geez.

Foreprime SEO

There is so many links that are going out from forums that the amount of link juice that been spread over the website significantly outweighs the links that are comming in.

Liam

There is so many links that are going out from forums that the amount of link juice that been spread over the website significantly outweighs the links that are comming in.
Then should I not worry about forum backlinks?

It depends on each forum that you are activating on.
if that forum is high traffic and quality, you get more benefit as dofollow backlinks and clicks to your sites.
Would it be a good idea to try to get backlinks from the best forums that are related to the niche of my site?

nickchernets

I thinks you mustn't spend your time doing profile links, it is better to concentrate on guest posting and putting backlinks on related to your niche sites, such kind of backlinks are very friendly for SEO

olaryeankarh

Well the thing is, 90% of forums make their links 'no follow' so it is almost pointless looking to invest in forum links. However, for sanity's sake, Google and other search engines expect that you have a certain amount of no-follow backlinks to make things as natural as possible. If what you have to your site is only do-follow backlinks then you are in for a real nasty duel as it would look suspicious.
So yes, forum backlinks are worth it but not worth all the time invested in building them.

stoneman

Hello forum profile back link can bring you very low traffics to whatever you are promoting, because only few persons checks on your profile no matter how influencial you are on the forum, but that link can just be there for some sake if someone gets interested in your product and wants to check some details about you then he/she can probably click on the link you provided on your profile..

Other way it can help is by promoting the profile on every post you make , you can put it in way that people have to check your profile if they want to get more information on the interesting post you just made, then on your profile you can then direct them to click on the link provided below thanks

premiumproxies

I think if you create your website or keyword related forum then it wouldn't be a worthless backlink. But if you create unrelated forum then it will be a worthless forum backlink in my opinion.

martindrox

I must say they're useless. Not many people pay attention to the signature anymore, why would they? they would just read your post and move on. Even if their eye laded on the signature, they wouldn't be interested in viewing it. If there was a way to see how many leads you get from signature then I bet it would be next to zero!

etdigital

Forum backlinks are no follow links, so Forums are not of much use to build backlnks. But you can get leads from forums if you give solutions to questions over forums.

manmad

There isn't really any point to them and they are just mostly for the aesthetic, unless you're known to be someone who deals with selling a lot of products and have a stable reputation at the forum, maybe only in that case there's some point to them, but usually you won't get much out of one.

sidrawat

Without a shadow of doubt, they are effective, nevertheless, you need to make sure that the DA (Domain Authority) and PA (Page Authority) of the backlinks are high-quality and comes in your niche. This strategy have been in use for a long time, however it is far less effective in comparison with guest postings, article submissions, etc.

SEOPub

SEOPub
I am sorry, but as soon as you said to make sure the DA is high, you just showed that you do not understand link buiding at all.

Link strength comes from the page the link is on. The DA does not matter unless there is a direct link path from the home page to the page where the link is on. In the case of profile links, that doesn't happen, making them extremely weak links. About the weakest link you can possibly get. Woudn't matter if the DA was 99.

On top of that, Google has long targeted these links as spammy.

Tommy91

I have been reading through a few forums and some people are saying that forum profile backlinks are worthless and others say they are not. I don't know if it's worth it to waste time and put my blog link in my forum profiles or not.

Does anyone know if forum profile backlinks worth it or not?
The backlink is definitely worth having it and you. But good or bad value is dependent on the website you place. Look at Moz's stats like PA, DA, etc. It's good to go backlinks.

jyy

As a side note, spambots are massively targeting forum profile links. Therefore, it could be the case that forum owners hate people trying to make them - in any fashion.

The backlink is definitely worth having it and you. But good or bad value is dependent on the website you place. Look at Moz's stats like PA, DA, etc. It's good to go backlinks.
I wouldn't doubt that forum profile links give some value. Nonetheless, unless you're posting on a relevant niche, they look really spammy, like what the spambots are posting - and if it's not a relevant niche, then possibly the already low value is even lower. Does anyone think it would be non-existent?

Judas2018

Regardless, forum profile or signature links will get you traffic. If traffic is what you're after, then it's a good idea to link your site or affiliate link to your forum profile or signature. If however, your goal is to create quality google backlinks - it could work depending on how the forum is structured and its interaction with google spiders and search tools. I'd put the probability at around 50% high backlink success with this method. Traffic is good either way though, so I wouldn't sweat it.

JonathanS

Personally, I've never generated any quality traffic simply from forum profile links. However, I do recommend signature links in all forums/blogs you post in. Overall, they don't greatly affect SEO. Though, it never hurts to implement a signature on your daily posts. My main tip is to focus on quality backlinks, instead of quantity. Because you don't want low-quality sites linking back to your page. Write quality articles on quality sites, supply your link in the signature, and be patient to see the genuine returns for your backlinking work.

subhodipd

Yes, absolutely. Forum backlinks are a crucial way to procure more traffic to your website. However, you must ensure that answers posted by you are logical, to the point and serve the purpose of the question. It should add value to the thread.

Accordingly more visitors will benefit from your post and your site will gradually gather a larger customer base.

TausifAlHossain

Everyone has their own trick. No one is going to share with you what exactly they doing to be on top and keep themselves there. Don't rely on what you are seeing, what you are listening, what you are reading! Do experiment yourself and create your own strategy.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views