Best social network to cater to an old audience?

edenmae29

I agree that Facebook is the best site for those age range. Why I think so is because I haven't heard from my relatives from the province for years, and because of Facebook we can now communicate on a daily basis. I also see my elderly Aunts and Uncles liking and commenting on Buy and Sell Groups. Facebook has been really effective in boosting sales now that they also have advanced options in targeting the right audiences for your products. You just need to have a good strategy and you're good to go.

Trent652x

Facebook is definitely the social media site for the older audience. I believe Facebook wins by default though. Thinking about Twitter and Snapchat; it's more of a play-by-play type of interaction and typically an older person will not be interested in checking the same thread multiple times in one sitting or in one day. Thinking about Instagram, it's solely for pictures. An older audience doesn't participate in having a new picture as often as younger people, seemingly. So again, by default I believe Facebook wins for the older audience.

JayGum28

I think that facebook is the most appropriate site for an old audience. It is basic and easy to familiarize. Facebook,for me, is a social media site that meant for all generations. They could easily view, react, search, comment, and a whole lot more. That way, they can connect with the content the site with ease.

edwardkenway

In this case as a social media facebook will come first. Because of facebook has humongous amount of visitors. Beside it so many social media sites have those have older audience such as: instagram, twitter etc. But facebook have lots of options what other social media dont have.

Kakashi2020

I'll go with Facebook since it has the largest demographics among all the Social Media Sites.
Facebooks appeal to the older generation is due to its availability and coverage, hey a billion people are using it. And it's quite easy to learn and use, even a 70 year old can learn how to use it in minutes.

REAttorneyFirm

Facebook and nothing else. I think 95% of those aging 50 years old and above here in my town has a Facebook. I'd even dare to say that they're considerably more active there than the younger ones. Others like Instagram and twitter are foreign to them. It should also be considered that individuals in this creation and parochial thinkers consequently, they're not that welcome to change. They will stick to what they are utilized to and older people are utilized to Facebook.

HazelDJ

Older audiences are growing larger and larger as time goes, especially in the 40-50 years old frame, and albeit not as prominent as the 30< years old batch of web users, it's still a nice market to cater to thanks to the diversity of interests and the availability of their favourite niches (with health on top of the list)

What social medias, in your opinion, would be the best one to cater to older audiences?
For the group age that you have mentioned, I think Facebook is the best social network that caters the old audience's needs. This is based on my observation. I have lots of friends in Facebook who belong to that age. I found them enjoying using the Facebook. I think they spend much time using it than I do. Maybe they found Facebook more user friendly than any other social media.

CookieRunner

Definitely it would be FB... Aside from its 1 Billion registered users from around the globe, here in my country, almost everyone on my friend list who are Senior 'citizens has a facebook account. It is much easier to use and navigate compared to other social media sites. Almost everyone i know including the older generation knows basic FB navigation and tools. They prefer it because its less complicated than the others.

aubebey

The use of social media has been a trend in different country for all ages, from young ones to young at hearts. We can say that almost al of the people who has access to cellphones, laptops and computers has social media accounts. Well, if you want to target adult audiences, I would love to agree to all the comments that facebook is the best social media to use. Everyone is using facebook even the old ones. I think because it has an interface that can be easily understood and because it can now be consideres the easisest tool for communication. Adults usually love to connect to their friends and relatives especially if they haven't seen them for a long time. Adults also tend to be curious on what the younger ones do with their cellphones all day and would love to try using it.

bienn05

Facebook and Youtube are good social media sites to cater old audiences. I mean Facebook has the largest population users and Youtube is always there for any ages. Even elders are watching in Youtube like my parents and my aunts. They are also active now in Facebook so I think these two sites are the best for catering not just old audiences but all ages.

odysseus

One of the main reasons why young people started using SnapChat and Instagram was to escape from their grandparents and older aunties who started tracking them down on Facebook :). So yeah, Facebook.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.