Legalities of Running an Online Store Reliant Upon Dropshipping?

tricialyce

Alright, so another entirely newbie-esque topic started by me.

I've decided that I want to start an online store, selling jewelry via dropshipping from Chinese manufacturers with US warehouses. I already have my two dropshipping companies I'll be working with picked out, and my husband has been working on creating a database for me to make tracking inventory and taking orders easier.

Next, I have a business name and domain name in mind, but I don't know where the best place to purchase the domain would be (I'm leaning towards Godaddy.com based on the looking around I've been doing), and I don't even know where to begin in figuring out the whole business name thing and business license thing.

Questions questions questions:

Where should I purchase my domain name?
Do I legally need to have a business license?
Do I need to register my business?
Do I legally need a logo? (possibly a silly question)
Is there some kind of special tax I need to be paying when it comes to ordering wholesale goods?
Is there a tax I need to be aware of if I decide I want to dropship from a manufacturer overseas instead of going with the US warehouses?
How does charging my customers sales tax work exactly?
Basically, if you were me, and you were wanting to do what I am hoping to do, where would you go from here?

I'm sorry to ask so many questions, like I said in my intro, I am just starting out and need all the help I can get. Thanks so much for any help or advice!

Tricia

Last edited by a moderator:

Hassan

You can get domain from godaddy and about rest of the questions take a look at [URLnf="https://www.sba.gov/content/online-business-law"]Online Business Law[/URLnf]

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.