Is it legal to rewrite other people's articles?

premiumproxies

I think it's not good for you and your business. And it is obviously illegal. Google always wanted to take unique article also. If you give him copy then he will mind you (lol). So it's better create unique article always.

Eli Maximilien

Even if it's not crystal clear that it's illegal, one could make the case in a court of law that it is. Rewriting someone else's work and possibly taking credit for it could be construed as plagiarism. There are no short cuts to great writing.

That's why you should rely on your own talents and ideas. If you do use someone else's ideas, give them credit for it. Credibility is everything.

stoneman

Its not wrong to rewrite someone's post, but the question is did you arrange it well? Because when you research on something you read other people's articles so you cant come and be asking me if it is illegal to make a research on a keyword that you want to write on, so after making those research you can now figure out your own way of making your post unique from other posts that why you are called a webmaster you have to be good when it comes to reasoning, because is the reasoning of webmasters that make the internet a better place today, so form a habit of reasoning hard on a topic, to make your blog a better place too for search engines to rank thanks

Yourpwet

It is legal to rewrite other people's articles. It's it ethical? It depends on how you did it. A professor of mine once said, if you copy the work of one person, it's plagiarism. If you copy the work of multiple authors and put it into one article, it's called research.

Therefore, what you should do is to get information about one topic from different sources, and from that, you could create an entirely new article. And of course, the most important part is, you should not forget to cite your sources and if possible, include a link back to their original articles. That's the ethical way of doing it.

kgord

As long as it is unique to pass through copyscape or a similar engine on the web, it is perfectly acceptable. You can have very little that is a direct copy but similar ideas can certainly be presented. Read various ideas on the web as to how to do this. There is no need to reinvent the wheel every time you write something.

manmad

To be completely fair, not only is it not illegal, but that's what a lot of people do, however you must rewrite it in such a way that it won't look too similar or in a way that won't be tracked by reverse google searching. Reading other people's articles about things is necessary in order to be informed and be ready to write something of your own. It is especially good if you don't have too much knowledge about some subject and you don't really have too much time or sources to acquire your own info. Of course you should always look from who you're getting your information, because not all sources are legitimate.

JoeMilford

If this isn't illegal, then it should be, in my opinion. There is no place for plagiarism in this business, or in any other. I've been an English professor for 14 years, and this is something I do not tolerate. Furthermore, it is not a morally sound to stand on the work of others if you do not properly reference them and give them documented credit for their work and the words they have composed. I would highly recommend that you do not go down this "re-writing" path. It is not good business, and I think one would find that it totally undermines his or her credibility in the long run in all professional circles.

sidrawat

You can rewrite articles as far as plagiarism checker software applications like Copyscape give them a green flag. Nevertheless, rewriting over and over the same article would be considered spam by search engines and can affect SEO rankings. It is always better if you write fresh and original content.

Web Expert

Well i dont think so that its illegal and it doesn't gives much value to article either.

If you are a good rewriter there is no problem. But if you are doing it with a bot there are 90% chances that you will get trash

refrigeratorrr

Well, if you will rewrite but it will be like just copy and paste then it will be legal but if you will quote their names there, then it will be legal. If you like your article to have originality then I suggest that take the idea on that article and combine it with your idea. In that way you could say that it is yours. Other thing you could is, make sure that the article that you will create is from you not from other people's idea.

TheAuthor

I have a writer who usually writes articles for my blog but I have a better idea thats she will rewrite some articles from other blogs to make better ones.

But I don't know does this affect to SEO rankings and Is it legal to rewrite other people's articles?
I wouldn't advise using other people's content because not only is it unethical and in most cases illegal (unless you have permission from the author) but once your audience realize you're nor sharing your own content, you will have a hard time getting recognized as a professional. Keep it real, and base your content creation on your own research.

Heather

Compilation of information you got from different articles or researching, Improving other article is fine for as long you give credit for the author or at least ask them for permission and putting your own ideas to it is acceptable, but copying the article as it is illegal. If the one who writes for you have ethics, for sure he or she wouldnt recycle the article already made for you.

khayie

There are ways to legalize things.
Using other's article with proper referencing or permission is ethical and legal. That's why, for example in a research defense, panel judges deliberate and trace origin of facts presented to make sure the research is not just a "copycat".

Doing the other way around, your article becomes a predatory one.

951Temec

It's legal as long as you rewrite on the same subject and not use any of the other's writers work. It's 100% not ethical in my opinion, you can absolutely research topics and writings prior to writing your own content, researching is on of the most key aspects of producing content, because you don't want to be producing content that is ill-informed or not presented well because you didn't do your due diligence on your work.

however i would argue that rewriting content is generally a bad idea, for your website/blog or whatever platform you're on because people generally will know what you're up to and the work will seem inorganic.

MikeQ

All of you are clueless........ how can it be illegal, please let me know?

Unless you are including several exact sentences or paragraphs, It is legal 100%

Let me make you understand with an example:

Lets assume, you copied a style of a popular actor, does that actor will file a case against you? No, because your copied style will directly be credited to the popular actor's credibility, because people know where you have copied from.

hakireview

In both cases, I think it is illegal!
Your professor said: "If you copy the work of multiple authors and put it into one article, it's called research"
What a dope!
Research is a systematic inquiry that investigates hypotheses, suggests new interpretations of data or texts, and poses new questions for future research to explore.

Research consists of:

Asking a question that nobody has asked before;
Doing the necessary work to find the answer; and
Communicating the knowledge you have acquired to a larger audience.
=))

WebzSuite

You can use other articles as some reference, however, you should not plagiarism those!
Changing few words won't count as a new article and legally those are protected by a law.

akshaychouhan785

Yeah! you can rewrite other people's articles but before doing that make sure you have taken their permission to do so, So that they don't file a case against you. Now even if it is now legal after you have taken permission to rewrite, I recommend you to research on your own and do a little hard work instead of copying it all. You can take little excepts from someone's article but copying the whole article everytime will not benefit you in long term.

kassy06

I guess, it is not legal if you really rewrite the article word for word. However, each of us have also the right to research articles of other people to be used as reference. It does not mean that we should write it word for word.

marko0313

Well for me, it is illegal or it is not fair. Why? It is because many other people are doing this stuff coming from their creative minds and others just get it and call their work. It is not fair that is why it is illegal to get and somehow re-do what is already made and done by others. Be fair

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Recommended threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.