Is it legal to rewrite other people's articles?

z-BO

Absolutely it's illegal,rewriting other peoples article is a form of Plagiarism. Not unless, you gave credit to author of the article.
But in anyway, that kind of doing is a form of a bad practice, and tolerating oneself on copying, rewriting or whatever form of that just shows how one lacks discipline, simply unprofessional. Well just as what I've mentioned, it's legal only if there is an author's consent or as long as the what the author allows. However, it's a bad form of practice alright.

Monga

I think if you copy and paste word to word, that is illegal especially if you dont mention the source. What I think is the best to do is read the other posts, pick the main points and write them in the way you think is the best.

Purres

Purres
Agree with you and I saw many blogs putting source of posts on their posts that they rewrote. Is it acceptable if we put link to the source of post?

udershirt123

Answer
Writing entails intellectual property right, however if full consent is given from the author, then it is legal. Copyright laws may apply to those who in one way or the other are so aware about the sources and resources are well mentioned and acknowledged.

Crist

Rewriting other's article will not be problem if you address the person who wrote the article and if you incorporate your own opinion with it. Be careful of rewriting someones article cause this can fall to plagiarism. If you need to use the same words or copy a phrase, make a quotations and put the reference with the author. That will show that it is not your own and respect to the writer.

Jim15

Yes it's illegal when you use article that made by other people unless you have the permission and you are good to go. Just include the author's name to your copied/edited article.

lusciousgirl

Rewriting other author's article is not illegal. But it would be better if you will ask the original author's permission to rewrite his article. It would be more ethical to ask permission than to just ignore giving credits to the original author.

We must remember the Golden Rule which is "Do unto others as you'd have them do unto you". If you rewrite the author's article without permission and he found out lately what you have done, do you think he would be pleased? Let's reverse the situation. If ever one of your articles were rewritten by other authors, do you think that would please you?

You can rewrite any articles as long as you will seek permission to the original authors and try to give them credit for their work. :thumb:

edwardkenway

sometimes it's ok like , you can idea from article but totally copy paste is very bad idea, by this way google can crawl it and you can be ban. So article should be very unique otherwise google will caught you, and your account can be suspended. Sometimes it is legal if the writer give the permission. Again everybody dont have writing capability by this way re-write the articles is ok, though it dont have any credit.

carolinasky

Make it original

I agree with you that rewriting another persons blog does not give you the credibility you are looking for better to do your own research. The information that you are able to obtain in the research you do putting that in your own words and opinion, giving you credibility. Having supporting information and websites as supporting references to the information you are supplying about the product, brand, or company. It is important to make your blog or ads your own or aimed toward the company or product you are advertising for to make sure it is not the same as everything else.

felboy29

Yes it is legal to rewrite other people's articles, IF AND ONLY IF, First, you have permission to the original content creator. Second, you will use necessary quotations from the article that you will copy, and Third, tell the readers that your article that you will be creating is inspired from something else.

SenseiSteve

You don't need permission from the original author to use a portion of his article, as long has you give them credit. When writing, it's best to research multiple feeds and articles and select portions of each to expand on, or form your own opinion.

raysosher

You can obviously rewrite but it is not best practice to exactly follow everything from a post for a better result. Follow a topic and try to make another unique and better one.

fastreplies

But I don't know does this affect to SEO rankings and Is it legal to rewrite other people's articles?
Even if person is sign articles using his name, why anyone should care,
except of course for people who are expecting these articles to be yours?

:)

fastreplies

Muhd Yousaf

I think you obviously cannot copy any other article of someone but with the intention of promoting others work with their name very legal. Rewriting article is illegal but to make it a better one and to make it more beneficial for others should not be illegal.

Jason Roy

Nope! This isn't legit and in this way will not publish your credit. Rather you should researched and make an unique articles.

paritosh

I have a writer who usually writes articles for my blog but I have a better idea thats she will rewrite some articles from other blogs to make better ones.

But I don't know does this affect to SEO rankings and Is it legal to rewrite other people's articles?
I think this is not an issue to use another content if you wats to get it to rewrite. When you do it, this will appear more than 80-90% content that's are not plagiarism and its a complete content than the original content.

But the most important thing is when you do this with others content then you should take permission from the original author for that content.

prawalikaroy

It's not about legal or illegal. Rewriting other people's articles ends up in the duplicate content which ends in penalty by Google.

LearnTheNew

Re-writing other articles with your own words and images with better content which he not included in their article will not cause any problem to your article. If Search on Google "top best book for Web Development", then you will see most of the articles will prfere same books but the way of they styling their content and easy to understand the users those who come to their blogs.

It will not cause any problem re-writing other articles but don't paste the copied content.

@LearnTheNew

When you go to write content, you do not need to copy the complete content. You can get some ideas from other articles, but you also need to make unique content for your website.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.