Linkedin vs Facebook for Business?

trendjing

Beside forum marketing, I want to spend a bit more time for promoting my sites on social networks and Linkedin + Facebook are social networks I am thinking of. In your personal opinoijn, which is better for business and doing marketing campaigns for increasing sales for websites?
Selecting on where to advertise your business is the second step of earning an income online, next to knowing what business you will dive into. However, there is a bit of difference between Facebook and LinkedIn.

If you are promoting a product kind of business, you might stay on using Facebook, because you can create a page entirely for selling stuffs online, and post pictures with description for customers to fully understand what you offer.

On the other hand, LinkedIn app is promoting yourself as an employee. It is more like an employment-oriented social networking that manages your professional distinction.

BelindaMT

For now, I only used Facebook for my online business especially here in my country the Philippines Facebook is the top one platform used by a huge number of filipinos.

IPlease

Facebook is far better. I have had more luck with facebook since I have joined then I have ever had with linkedin. Just seems that more people want to engage more in facebook posts, where linkedin is just a standstill for me. I would highly suggest just concentrating on facebook.

Castro_Mike

For promotional standpoint I think Facebook is better than LinkedIn. Facebook is in the top 5 most viewed sites in the world, you may want to harness its advantage for your business. Each site has its own selling point. Obviously, LinkedIn is primarily created for professionals to be able to connect to other fellow professionals. On the other hand Facebook is created for a much larger viewers or audience to be able to connect with anyone. It allows you to post anything you want for public to see with a lesser restrictions or filter in your part. Bottom line is more viewers means greater chances that your business will be seen as a marketing strategy.

JB Fernandez

If your intention is to market or promote your business, Facebook is the right platform. It has a lot of users across the world and reaches different range of your target market. But if you are looking for people who could join your team with skills and knowledge that you requires, Linkedin is the place for that. In short, you cannot compare this two.

cruzdanielledaryll

I suggest you use Facebook, it is the most popular site for marketing because it has bigger audience than LinkedIn. You can simply make a facebook page for your business and it's completely free. share your posts to various fb groups, pages and comment section and it will attract people.

Nejii

I agree. But, I think if its business you should use Facebook more. It has many viewers, and many people are looking a lot of something. Meanwhile Linkedin is like a 'more' serious site. i'm not saying your business isn't serious, what I mean is it's for the people who are looking or hiring for a job.

edwardkenway

These two sites are very popular for online business, but facebook has lots of option than linkedin, through facebook boosting option is not free but it well. In my point of view facebook will go first for online business. Nowadays lots people use facebook as a business place, so in this point of view facebook got some unique features. So promoting product on facebook its nice idea.

joshuacabrera

Facebook is better on marketing purpose when contrasted with LinkedIn, because Facebook users posts more frequently than LinkedIn users. You can utilize Facebook showcasing to achieve an extensive number of group of onlookers. LinkedIn is a system for experts, who whats to interface with the experts. The general population who utilize LinkedIn are more seasoned and taught when contrasted with Facebook and from the business perspective, the expert associations are likewise vital. As I would see it, both of these stages are exceptionally solid web-based social networking stages and you should utilize them two to expand the activity for your site.

linconcley

Obviously Facebook will go first if comparison is happen between LinkedIn and Facebook. Though linkedin is not bad but, as a social media and for marketing purpose facebook is best for its unique feature. If you want to promote your site then there has lots option in facebook what don't have in linkedin. For advertising facebook has boosting option which is really helpful for spreading the ad to the people, though its not free. And in facebook you can share your site in various group which is also very helpful for promoting.

evejoy38

I think they are both ok, but also it depends on your business, Facebook is more popular, accessible, where as LinkedIn is a bit more professional, you go on it looking for business.

Larryl332

I would think that each site has its own advantages and disadvantages, and knowing those would be very important. LinkedIn seems to kind of go in waves in terms of popularity so I might focus more on Facebook, but then again maybe there is something to be said about Facebook almost being too large.

RickeySheffield

That is your view, but if you are promoting a B2B product and need to network with business professionals, then LinkedIn is the probably solution really. LinkedIn is the search engine for both business people and companies. Facebook has more quantity, but it's better-suited for products. Individuals are more inclined to anticipate company related results on LinkedIn as that is exactly what it's there to, whereas Facebook's goal is synonymous with interacting.

Marga

It depends on the industry and if you offer your products or services B2B or B2C. In the first case, LinkedIn is often better. It's the best place to connect to the professionals. Niches like lifestyle, food, fashion, beauty would work better on Facebook if you want to advertise your products. A while ago I read a report that many people follow businesses on Facebook just because they want to be informed about special offers and to get discounts available only for fans.

I run a festival and Facebook is the best to promote it because people can join the event and get notification.

I'm also in charge of the affiliate program of one SaaS and LinkedIn and Quora work better for reaching partners.

Last edited:

keremcem

You should definitely choose LinkedIn for the job. Because the application is completely out of business

nacyreyes

Facebook is for fun. LinkedIn is the platform of business leader and decision maker. Both are people based marketing opportunities to reach your customer.

Daniel@30

Both social channels are the best for business. I always first prefer to facebook. these digital channels are best for early growing business you can use Facebook for ads that called sponsored add. About Linked in these is also best for professional business we can use prompted ads on Linked In.

paritosh

Beside forum marketing, I want to spend a bit more time for promoting my sites on social networks and Linkedin + Facebook are social networks I am thinking of. In your personal opinoijn, which is better for business and doing marketing campaigns for increasing sales for websites?
In my opinion I always prefer to use Facebook for business because all over the world there are huge number of traffics are coming form Facebook than LinkedIn.

nehaneetu

You should go with Facebook and Instagram for your business promotion and also for sales.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.