AdSense paying only on a small fraction of the clicks

JohnPent

I used AdSense for years, then stopped a few years ago. I started it back up about a year ago on a blog that gets about 50k page views and ad 150k impressions monthly.

Here is the issue. I get about 500 "clicks" by AdSense's count. My count is far higher. It is about 2000 per month. Most of these clicks that I count are from unique IPs that have clicked no other ads all month.

Years ago every click actually was paid. Now I see most clicks are NOT paid.

Does anybody know what is going on? I have tried to ask through Google, but they have no good answers.

Ron Killian

Every one can guess (and I am sure many will), but the only people that know the real answer is google. Sorry, sure it's not what you want to hear.

I stopped using Adsense some years back. Don't miss it. Better ways to earn.

JohnPent

I did Media.net, but they offered so little info. I am trying to monetize the site better. The more hits I bring in, it's like they just pay on few clicks lesser amounts. I know it's google. Hate them!

Rob Whisonant

Keep track of the ads your visitors ARE clicking on and you are getting paid on. Now replace them with suitable affiliate links. This gives you the control back and should fatten your wallet.

JohnPent

Thanks for that. The issue I am having with them is that they (AdSense) is paying for about 25% (and less at times) of the clicks on my site. The others are either part of CPM or whatever. You never know.

I tried to do it without them several years back, as I had an advertorial way to bring in revenue. (Fully disclosed per SEC and FDA rules.) I went to Media.net, but you never know anything with them as the analytics of their backend has zero usable info other than impressions.

Now "Affiliate Links." That is not something I fully understand. I've tried some pay per sell stuff years ago, but it really seem to make my sites look bad. I will research affiliate links here more.

Thanks again!

SamanthaBrey82

Google does this along with other PPC networks I've noticed, sometimes they don't pay for certain clicks. I think it's a fraud protection algorithm they have in their Ad networks to prevent scamming their system, but sometimes for whatever it reason it won't pay for a click even if it's from a unique IP.

Maybe if that IP clicked on the ads from other websites using Adsense, maybe it was the same client posting those ads and they don't double-charge them if the click is within a certain time frame.

I can only speculate.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies