Have you ever unfollowed someone?

skybae83

Yes a lot of times. Well first his post was a bit personal that even his family problem he posts this social media it was kinda annoying to me. His problem in life was none of my business at all. Second, this women who was my friend on this social media post animal cruelty pictures and video that was too graphic and I don't want to see such activity that put was harming to the animals.

aretteprieve

Yes, I have. But I unfollowed only some celebrities accounts whose tweets aren't interested to me. I don't unfollow my friends and family on social networks

ecole11j

Sure I've unfollowed people before for a handful of reasons. Maybe their tweets were no longer relevant to my interests. Maybe they were constantly spamming tweets and cluttering up my feed. Sometimes it's been the opposite; they were posting so infrequently or not at all that it wasn't worth following them. Unfollowing people doesn't really have any negative effects or consequences.

hgonzales2

Yes, I did multiple times already. I find it so annoying if a person keeps on posting something that is not relevant to people. An example would be posting her pictures like five times a day with a caption full of drama. She's actually spreading negative vibes to her friends so I decided to unfollow her. Another would be a person who loves to rant using their social media accounts. Ranting online and tagging the people they hate like their boyfriends or husbands isn't good I think. Those kind of issue should be kept private as much as possible. So far, I don't find any negative effect on my part. It was indeed a more positive wall on my social media accounts. Let's spread love not hate.

joey_2tep

I used to follow a lot people on twitter for a very specific reason - they also follow back, and if they don't I just remove them from the list. Back a couple years ago, I just thought that it is kind of cool to have more followers beacuse it makes you look like you are famous. I even had this page in facebook where followers meet to follow and get followed for no specific reason. But now, if I don'tl like the tweet and if they don't make sense, I just simply unfollow them.

GabbyBoink29

I did Unfollow some people on my Facebook Account. Social Media nowadays is too mainstream that all of one persons activity should be posted. That even the smallest thing they do, the post it. It's not bad at all, but you gotta give yourself some privacy.

Dictator20

I always unfollow people who posted things that I didn't like or want to see.
the last time that I unfollowed is because she post fakes news, and I noticed that she is political biased because of its post and I dont like her. I dont like people who are bias and one sided. and also she is always starting a political debate. I hate her. that why I unfollowed her.

kairos407

Yes I do!! Most of the time I unfollow people and even unfriend them. Its common in social media. Social media rewired the mindset of the people in our age. Freedom is good but we are now on a point where freedom is being abused. Like for example facebook, I understand people if they post their new "selfie pictures" from time to time. But if you are posting three times a day and every post consist of 10 pictures with the same pose?, men, there must be something wrong with you, so unfriend. Its good to update your friends of your where-abouts and what you do but its so tiring to see those people who are posting nonsensical things like you just woke up and you will post "drinking coffee" as if its starbucks? "I woke up like this" as if I care? The thing is we don't have privacy now, you are allowing people to come in to your private life and when they comment about you negatively, you will say don't judge me, don't bash me, I am who I am. Yes we have nothing against about you but we have to consider that social media also creates a lot of critics. Where people who are shy in person are now critics and can destroy a human life. The truth is, we don't have control for others, we can only control ourselves. Everything is permissive but not everything is beneficial. So basically, its up to us to choose what we can see everyday. So I will not hesitate to unfollow or even unfriend if it is necessary.

pau18

I unfollow people on facebook who makes selfie everyday, those who posts hatred on others and used cursed words. I unfollow those who posts their family problems, their grudges on other people because it makes my day sad reading people you know and I thought that this person is good but in reality it is the opposite.

HazelDJ

This seems to be a very common practice on Twitter and can happen for many different reasons. There is no financial question or social prestige... People can unfollow who they want and when they want. Be it an anonymous person or a famous person... Have you ever done it? And if you ever did, did you have any negative effects?
Yes, I have unfollowed a certain site just recently. My main reason is, it seemed that I no longer liked the ideas posted. Before, I really appreciated the thoughts. They were so inspiring but later on, I observed that the information was no longer true. It was nonsense at all. I realized that it was just a waste of time to read the posts so I decided to unfollow it.

Dictator20

Yes, I always unfollow the people that I dont like. I remember the first time that I unfollowed someone on twitter its because she always tweet fake news and she always reply bad tweets on my post. She is a friend of mine that's why I dont know why she treat me like that. The last time that I unfollowed on twitter is my ex because I feel pain everytime I saw her tweets about his new boyfriend maybe because I cant still move on us that's why I unfollowed all of her accounts so I cant see her post anymore and now I am fully recovered.

Carlos

Sometimes. To make room for something else. For example, on Twitter, I unfollow people that I don't know, and/or outgrow the follow and/or outdate the follow.

Facebook, though? I periodically remove people I don't really, really know or want to know.

For another example, on Instagram, I unfollow people who post disgusting content. At one point - I saw someone posting a picture of themselves with a baby... Naked. Almost like he was aroused by a naked baby. WTF?

hostnetindia

It common on all social media platforms including twitter. You can follow to someone or unfollow to someone. you will not face any issue while unfollowing to someone else. all social channels offers this options to provide you the freedom of anything.

DeerPencil

Yes, I did it many times on my Facebook profile and twitter. If I don't get in touch with them for long time or I don't know much about them and sometime they show negative behavior then I UN-follow all.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies