Is 'Website Domain Name' still important for SEO purposes?

hoangvu

In my point of view, it still plays important role in ranking keywords for your website if you selected a domain matched with targeted keywords that you want to point to. In other words, your domain will be easier to search by related keywords than domains without keywords in it.

Just my two cents :D

rishisab

lol.. dont worry i have too many questions to help you make a dollar :p

actually, my friend is planning to launch a voucher codes website.. but all the top keywords are already booked.. vouchercodes, discountcodes, couponcodes, freevouchers... damn..

hoangvu

hoangvu
LoL Just my two cents = my opinion :D I don't like dollars :(
Perhaps, He is focusing on targeted niches by using keywords in domains to get easy rankings on search engines.
Just my two cents!

Nature

Nope.. I don't think website name domain is still important in point of SEO. I personally believe that our site name comes up in top when some body is trying to about anything with not that searching keyword. Here ranking matter not a domain name. :)

pramod

Do not think only about the search engines/SEO while choosing a domain name.

You can select the domain name based on your business & considering your audiences. Choose a domain which is short / easy to remember / matches your business products/services.

Hope this helps :)

vinod

A search engine friendly domain structured is very important to do better website crawling and optimizations...

bijutoha

I barely show you something about Domain Name After them you will fix a decision It is worthwhile or worthless.

A good domain name it has some beautiful things

1. It is memorable 2. It is branding 3. Invariably it takes your keyword 4. It makes a Unique Brand for your business. 5. It carries 1 or 2 words to spell easy.

walker.king89

I will Go with @bijutoha all the features is said by him is Good for the website Domain name. But, if you want to use SEO then you can select according to your need like:
1. Keyword density 2. Traffic of Keyword in month and annual 3. Competition of Keyword.
you need to plan this all the thinks before selecting the website domain.

Yngvi

Search engines have been changing their algorithms in order to reward uniqueness, quality, quantity and originality of content. Having a keyword in the domain name is a negligible factor when it comes to the overall ranking of a website, and in the near future may well become irrelevant. I would predict that in the near future keywords in the domain name will be about as useful as the keywords tag.

Content is what matters, not a single keyword.

abhi_garg

Off course, Yes Domain Name still important for SEO purposes ! Google still give valuable to SEO name ! Google loves short & keywords Base Domain name ! So Domain Name still important in SEO !

yoginetindia

I don't think that nowadays keyword oriented domain name works . its better to have domain name on company name instead of Keywords.
In earlier days keywords oriented domain name had major impact on ranking but now that's not the case.

ketul

Keyword related domain name obviously affect your ranking.

DavidYFoster

In my point of view a keyword related domain name can definitely affect your ranking. Choosing an appropriate domain name of site takes a great deal of thought and future planning. My personal suggestion for choosing a domain name is to use your company’s name and branding in the domain and keep it cleaver, memorable and short.

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.