Guest Posting: How to Write for Other People's Sites

nesito29

Hey there!

In one of the threads I created people where asking how to write for other people's sites (guest blogging), so I decided to write in more detail about it.

I will explain to the best of my capabilities, so if you have any questions just let me know :).

How to Write for Other People's Sites

One of the most effective ways to get traffic to a blog or website is to guest blog. Guest blogging allows you to bring someone else's existing audience to your website. You make use of all the months and years of effort they've put into building their audience. In fact, if you could just do one guest blog post a week, you'll very quickly find your site's popularity going higher and higher.

How do you land guest blog gigs? How do you make sure your blog posts bring people to your site?

• Approaching Other Bloggers

The most important thing to remember when you're approaching other bloggers is to realize that you're asking them for an equal value deal. People who approach blog owners as if they're asking them for a favor stack the deck against themselves before they've even put a proposal on the table.

So how do you ask for the deal?

First, outline exactly how it'll work. Tell them what you'd like to write about. Give them a few potential topics. Tell them all they need to do is copy and paste it onto their websites.

Outline what the benefits are for them and why you'd want to give them free content. Emphasize that it'll be a win/win for everyone. Make it seem as risk free as possible.

Then ask for the "order." Give them a link to your site so they can gauge the quality of your content and make sure that you share similar values. Assuming they like your site and like who you are, they'll probably respond.

You won't get every site you ask to write for. If you approach many sites, you'll get many "no's" and no-responses. But you'll also get a lot of people who say "yes." And that's what matters.

• How to Write a Great Guest Post

First of all, get to know their audience. Each site has a slightly different vibe, with an audience that cares about slightly different things. Get to know the specific vibe of each audience before you start writing.

Connect with your readers first before you write your post. People want to know who you are and why you're qualified to teach before they'll open their hearts and minds to listening to what you have to say.

Finally, once you get into the heart of the content, give it your 100%. Give them the best quality content you can and don't worry about selling. The goal of the article shouldn't be to sell to someone on a click-through, but to write an article that's so good that they'll seek out the link in your bio box.

Make people want to know more by giving them a taste of what you have to offer.

That's how to approach blog and site owners and offer to do a guest blog post. It's not difficult. All it takes is commitment and persistence.

If you have any questions please fell free to contact me any time :).

To your success,
Jonathan N

KrisR

Nice post, Jonathan!

I would like to know about the length of guest post that I should offer on their site, also I should put my keywords into my articles or make it naturally.

And, what type of linking I should put on my article, direct link or anchor text?

nesito29

nesito29
Hey there KrisR,

The length of the post will depend on the blog you are creating content for, e.g. let's say that you want to create a guest post for my blog and I always write 700 word articles, therefore you will have to create your post according to my standards, meaning 700 words. Now this is not a law or anything like that, if you want to create the best article possible just ask the blog owner, how long will the article have to be for them to accept it.

Keywords: I would recommend you do it, that way the quality of the article will be much higher and it will drive more traffic which means you can get more traffic redirected to your site.

And the type of linking is really up to you, you can either put your brand's name or just your hyperlink.
I personally use my brands name as anchor text,

Hope this information helps you create great guest post :)
Have a great day :)

immechanic

Hi Nesito,

This is a nice post BTW, I'm just starting my own blog and this will sure help a lot. Also if it wouldn't be much, can you outline any methods you use or materials on how you find the blogs relevant to you?

Thanks!

nesito29

nesito29
Well, one of the thing you can do is search via keyword, depending on your niche you will search for different related keywords, WordPress has a feature where you can get updates from the most engaging blogs via keyword. e.g. let's say that your niche is internet marketing and you want to search blogs that talk about affiliate marketing, well all you have to do is type in the keyword affiliate marketing and WordPress automatically shows updates on the latest and most engaging posts, after that all you have to do is start engaging with blog owners.

That's what I used to do, however now I'm using a tool called WebFire, it's a little expensive but the benefits you get from using that tool are amazing, one of them is searching for guest blogs!, all you have to do is specify the keyword you want and it starts searching for blogs accepting guest posts.
If you want to check out WebFire just [URLnf="http://webfire.com"]click here[/URLnf].
Just watch the video and you will learn what you can do with that tool.

I hope this information helps you.

To your success,
Jonathan N

nesito29

I mean the search function in their website, you can either use that one or when logging in your account in the reader section, add the tags you want to follow and just choose the recommended blogs.

That section looks like this:
FireShot Screen Capture #085 - 'Blogs I Follow — WordPress_com' - wordpress_com.jpg

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads