How to promote a flash game website?

Dopani

I have a flash game site with around 5000 flash games collected from many sources. I am wondering are there any ways to promote to increase traffic for it?

Would like to hear both SEO and marketing techniques. Thanks in advance.

professorrosado

Same answer I gave in your other thread: any idea is good to get started if you feel good about it as a traffic pulling resource. Later on, you may want to trim your traffic channels and strengthen consistent flow. I would use existing Web 2.0 platforms to extend the "service" of a website. Think about where and how your site can extend it's utility to other web assets that enjoy much more traffic than your site has.

Web 2.0 sites include: youtube.com, Facebook and other social media, and others. But if you're in the gaming niche and you are not doing twitch, then you're not in the gaming niche. I have recently started on twitch and I don't even play any games - but I have a new product in this niche and so the show must and has gone on!

My last bit of insight is that you should think of different ways to use your site as content within other content types. By doing this, you extend your site out even further through various media / content channels. Be creative and not lazy - one or more of those innovative concepts can and will make your site prosper.

Unknown

What methods have you tried so far? I think your best bet is just a mixture of SEO and different social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook. If you have a profile set up, you should start putting more effort into building up your followers base. Once you have a few hundred, you can easily attract them over to your flash game website... just always make your tweets creative and unique and of course, don't forget to include the link!

As for the SEO. You can use the basic methods to increase your rank in the search engines. You don't need anything different than what you'd be using for a normal website... the higher your website is ranked, the more chances of traffic increase you have.

So do the following: SEO, promoting and advertising on social media sites and you should be good to go! You can also possibly join some of the bigger gaming networks and post your website there or write blogs about it.

You have to know that there are many flash game websites so your main goal is to stand out!

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
I have a flash game site with around 5000 flash games collected from many sources. I am wondering are there any ways to promote to increase traffic for it?

Would like to hear both SEO and marketing techniques. Thanks in advance.
A flash games site needs a few SEO factors to have better rankings on search results because I am sure your games will be duplicated with other sites thus you need a better desctiption and SEO friendly for its titles.

So I would suggest which to focus on:
Title
Meta Description
Game description
Alt meta tags for games must be unique.

Hope that helps!

Judas2018

Treat it like you would any other site or blog. Adwords, site link posted in forum posts, maybe pay for post advertising with Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest. Use your social media to spread and promote it also. I think you should find it easy to bring traffic to a site like this since we truly are in the age of gaming, and everyone likes to play online games of some kind.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.