Can you 301 a jpeg to a page and preserve the link power?

denvercardonations

Say you have a file www . whatever . com/image.jpg and the file is lost, instead of the 404 for hotlinkers or whatever, can you 301 the internal jpeg link to a .html page and transfer the SEO juice?

hoangvu

Say you have a file www . whatever . com/image.jpg and the file is lost, instead of the 404 for hotlinkers or whatever, can you 301 the internal jpeg link to a .html page and transfer the SEO juice?
If you just want to redirect an image to a URL

Using this code in your.htaccess file, it worked for me.

Code:
Redirect 301 /your-image-folder/your-image.jpg http://www.example.com/your-page.html

Can 301 the internal jpeg link to a .html page and transfer the SEO juice?

For this question, I also want to wait answers from some SEO experts here.

expmrb

Yeah, they totally passes the link juice. It may occur sometime that you will loose your previous rankings but as it is a html page instead of image and it will appear in the general search results instead of in the images section of the search engines, you will get ranked eventually.

denvercardonations

That is PIMP, I have been doing SEO for a little time, and never once did I ever read about that. That has the potential to be badass, thanks so much for sharing that information, this forum is full of badasses pretty much.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
wms
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.